Memories of long ago

Bones, strings, arrows, and magic was flying around hitting the 'walls' of the anti-void. Two skeletons were fighting in the middle of this chaos. One golden whit a crown and a bow in hand and an arrow on the bowstring ready to fire at any second. The other one black as night, glitching and whit blue strings flying around blocking the golden one's arrows, bone attacks and other sorts of magic attacks.

"Stop this madness Error!" the golden one shouted to the glitched one.

 The glitched one, Error, didn't answer and dodged another arrow sent in his direction. The golden one started to get tired of this cat and mouse game.

"Stay still, you glitch!" the golden one felt his eyes get watery but forced back the tears.'No!' he angrily schooled himself.

Error stopped moving and just stood there, starring, eyelights gone. Gold loaded his bow to fire the last arrow and end the destroyer for good, but what happened next was unexpected. The destroyer fell down on his knees, hands hanging loosely against his sides and head hanging. The blue strings retreated back to his fingers and deciphered.

3 words, that's all it takes to change someone's way of thinking. 3 words that made dream realize, he has been fed a bowl of lies whit a silver spoon. 3 words that made his soul ache. And those 3 words where:

"jUst KiLl mE"

Gold, Dream, lovered his bow. 'What....just happened?' he asked himself. He slowly took a step forward, and then another. The black skeleton didn't even seem to notice him so he slowly walked closer till he was about one to two meters away and fell down on his knees. They sat there for a long time. Error starring down in the ground and Dream eyeing the glitch.

"wHY?" Errors shoulders started to shake.

"Why.....what?" Dream asked confused.

"wHy" Error lifted his head "DiDN't yOU kILl mE WHen YoU HaD THe ChANcE?" His eyelights was gon and tears, not the fake blue ones that were permanently going down his chin, but real tears were running down his face.

Wait? Didn't Ink tell them that Error couldn't feel emotions at all? Why is he crying then? Did Ink actually lie to him and Blue?

"You can...feel?" The only response he got was a small nod but that was enough to assure him. The destroyer of worlds was actually sitting here, in front of him, crying.

"YoU DIdn'T AnsWeR mY QuesTiOn" Dream jolted back to reality and looked at the glitching skeleton trying to get what he had said.

"Oh, right," he thought for a bit before answering.

"I don't know" that was the truth and Error knew it.

"I......guess I don't like seeing people cry....?"

"And something just felt......off" he then said, and that was the truth because something DID feel off about all of this.

"SoMEtHinG iS WRonG" it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"I'm fine, It's you who isn't alright" Dream answered, obviously trying to avoid the question.

"nO, yOUr NoT" Dream was surprised. The taller and much older destroyer sounded like a kid, not on his voice, but the way he talked was like a kid.

"No no, I'm totally fine-" he was interrupted by the glitch hugging him.

"iT's oK" it was then Dream broke down. All the stress, heartbreak and the power draining task to always be happy and positive. He let his walls crumble and the tears fall freely. If the destroyer had something against him wetting down his hoody and ugly sobbing, he didn't say anything.