Prologue - Where it all started

Disclaimer: I do not own the book series Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus. Rick Riordan does. Enjoy reading!

And one thing before you start reading this story, the myths here are not based on real myths and are mostly just made up. Just wanted that to get out of the way.

Prologue – Where it all started

POV: 3rd Person

Perseus ducked underneath a sword and rolled to the side and quickly stabbed a monster in the back who wasn't quick enough to react. He looked to his left and jumped out of the way of a spear which flew pas his ear, barely hitting him. Without wasting time, he turned around and stabbed a hellhound in the side who tried to catch him by surprise. He then ran towards a cyclops, the one who was responsible for the spear, which was thrown at him, and cut the monster's head of. The ground surrounding Perseus was covered with golden dust from all the monsters.

Perseus fought like a beast, slashing and cutting through monsters like it was nothing. His strikes were precisely and deadly, leaving death and destruction in its path. The way he fought would make a person think twice before attacking him. Sadly, these were monsters and monsters weren't exactly known for their brightness.

Suddenly, a cry rung through the battlefield. Perseus quickly stabbed a hellhound and look up towards the sound.

His blood boiled when he saw his mother, Selene, covered in blood with big gash on her side and his uncle, Helios trying to protect her from Typhon, also known as the Father of all Monsters. Perseus rushed over to his mother, a tornado surrounding him keeping the monsters away.

Perseus crouched down next to his mother with tears in his eyes and looked up at Helios who looked Perseus straight in the eyes and said, "You take care of her, I will get that big boy over there." He nodded towards the direction Typhon, before he let out a battle cry and sprinted towards the Father of all Monsters.

Perseus looked down again at his mother and saw her breathing heavily.

"Mom? Please hold on.." He told her as he put his hands on her side. His hands started to glow silver and he closed his eyes, concentrating on healing his mother. After a couple of seconds he opened his eyes only to see that it didn't work. He placed his hands again on her side and tried again, but before he could he felt a hand being laid on his hands. He looked up at his mother's silver eyes.

"P-Perseus, please... d-don't waste y-our energy o-on me," she let out a shaky breath," My t-time has come.. but-but before I-I go, please promise m-me something." Her voice was trembling and it was clear that she was trying to hold on to her life.

"N-no mom! I can heal you! Please hold on." Perseus' hands began to glow again and he pushed all his energy into trying to heal her, but once again it didn't work. He then felt a hand under his chin and raising his head, so he looked into the eyes of his mother.

"P-please Perseus," Perseus' eyes were by now filled with tears and he was freely crying. He slowly nodded as he looked into his mother's pleading eyes. He didn't want to lose his mother yet. You see, Percy was only about a three hundred years old which is very young for a Titan. He was about as old as an eleven-year-old human.

"P-promise me you.. y-you will-l protect the next h-heir of the moon." Perseus knew this moment would come at some point, his mother had trained him for this, to become a guardian of the moon. But he didn't expect it to come so soon. He wasn't ready at all.

"I-I promise mom." Perseus said silently. But his mother wasn't happy yet.

"T-take the o-oath." She said. Perseus knew what she was talking about. Already when he was a little boy his mother had told him about this oath and that he had to take it at some point when she would fade. Perseus hadn't taken it very seriously at the time because he knew how powerful his mother was and she wouldn't just fade away. Perseus certainly didn't expect the time to come so soon already. But Perseus nodded as the words of the oath came to his mind and he stood a little straighter. Tears were still pouring out of my eyes.