Chapter 3 - Making more enemies and friends!

Disclaimer: I do not own the book series Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus. Rick Riordan does. Enjoy reading!

POV: Percy

We had laid there the entire night and I had been woken up again by Evelyn. Apparently she got hit so hard against her had that she couldn't remember what had happened, so when we started our journey again, I explained the entire fight to her.

"So now we're even." I smirked at her. She raised an eyebrow,

"What do you mean 'we're even'?"

"Well, you saved me from that empousa the other day and now I've saved you. So, I believe, I deserve, a thank you." I said stretching the 'I believe' part.

"Yeah right, don't get ahead of yourself. I bet that in a couple of days I've already saved your sorry butt twice." She smirked and I pouted at her.

I was about to make retort but got interrupted when we heard two people talking higher up at the mountain. We ran towards the sound and when I pushed some bushes away, I saw two people in a clearing. One seemed to be a man who looked to be very bulky, he wore an (men's) chiton (A/N: Look at the picture above) and seemed to have lion skin wrapped around his back like a cape. And the other person next to him was a girl, she had long dark hair braided down her back and she wore silk robes.

There was clearly something going on between the two.

I couldn't hear what they were saying so I decided that I should get a little closer. I turned around and faced Evelyn,

"You stay here, I'll go take a closer look." I told Evelyn and motioned to her still wrapped up ankle.

"Aawhh, why must you get all the fun?" She pouted.

'Because we don't get the fun, we are the fun.' Sophos said and I mentally smirked.

"You can get some next time." I smirked, "but seriously, stay here." She pouted and I rolled my eyes at her childishness.

I turned around, took my bow from my back, and crouched closer towards the two strangers.

"I need to go now, although I must thank you for your sword, pretty one." The man said, as he turned around and started to walk away. I could see he had a three-foot-long, shimmering bronze sword in his hand.

"Wait, Heracles! May I please join thee till at least the next village? Since I've helped thee retrieve a golden apple, my family will see me as a traitor and banish me from the gardens. I've got nowhere to go to." The girl begged the man as she grabbed his hand and forced him to turn around.

"I'm sorry pretty one, but I cannot take you on my journey seeing as you would mostly slow me down and I cannot guarantee your safety." Heracles said and he turned around and started walking again, away from the girl. The girl fell to her knees and tears streamed down her face as she saw the man, she just aided turning his back towards her. She didn't know what to do or where to go, she felt helpless.

I clenched my fist and I started to turn angry, seeing this jerk just abandoning someone who helped him, giving up her home in the process.

'Let's teach this dude some manners.' Sophos said.

'Good idea.'

I notched an arrow and made it turn silver (yes I've trained) and screamed, "Hey asshole!" before sending it flying away into Heracles' shoulder.

He turned around with a furious expression on his face.

"Who dared to shoot an arrow me?" His eyes scanned around the area before they landed on me and I smirked at him.