Chapter 1

Clary's P.O.V.

I was staring at the british countryside that I could see through the car window. In the front seat my mom and stepdad Luke where in full on conversation about our new house, or should I say mansion. A few months ago a woman reached out to my mom and told her that there was an old victorian mansion in the british countryside that had belonged to her ancestors for generations but now it had been abandoned since the 19th century. They had been trying to find anyone who's related to those who last lived there for years so that they could return the house to their true owner and then they finally found my mom. My mom who's a painter, gladly accepted the offer and said that a change of scenery would do her great as she's not been feeling that inspired for new paintings for a while and once she got an idea she never became content with how they turned out so she never finished any of them.

"We should be there in any minute now" Mom said as she looked at the cars GPS. "I can't wait to see the house, it looked absolutely amazing on the pictures that Corinne sent me"

"I think this is it" Luke said as he stopped the car infront of a big gate.

"I'll send Corinne a text and let her know that we're here now so that someone can let us in" Mom said as she took up her phone.

5 minutes later a man appeared on the other side of the gate. He unlocked it and opened it to let us in. Luke pressed the pedal and drove through the gate and continued down the stone road. I turned around and saw that the man closed and locked the gate again. Infront of us where the big and old mansion which we where going to call home. As Luke parked the car a woman who looked like she was atleast 60 years old walked out from the house. Mom and Luke got out from the car and I did the same.

"Welcome to the Fairchild Manor, I'm Corinne Addington, I've been taking care of this manor until it could be turned over to it's rightful owner" The woman said and smiled.

"Thank you, I'm Jocelyn Fray and this is my fiancé Luke and my daughter Clary" Mom said and smiled back.

Luke said hello to Corinne as well and she shook hands with both him and my mom.

"Let me give you a tour of the house" Corinne said.

Mom, Luke and I followed her into the mansion and walked through all of the rooms whilest Corinne told us about the story of the house. I yawned and didn't really pay much attention to what she said. Once the tour was over Corinne gave mom the keys to the house and to the gate. The moving company had just finished bringing in the last off our boxes and furniture and everyone was about to leave.

"I'll let you three settle in, if you have any questions you're always welcomed to call me" Corinne said.

"Thanks Corinne, we'll definiatly do that" Mom said.

We said goodbye to her and she left together with the moving company guys.

"We have some unpacking to do so let's get going" Mom said.

After a few hours of unpacking we where all exausted, the jetlag was kicking in. We decided to continue tomorrow and Luke drove into the little town that was nearby to get us some takeaway pizza for dinner. When he got back we sat down in the couch and ate them.

"I can't believe that we're actually here now and that Clary and I are descendants to the wealthy and powerful Fairchilds. I can't wait to dig deeper into our family history" Mom said.

"The house is absolutely beautiful and it's will be a great new start for all of us. I'm happy I could transfer from the NYPD to the police enforcement over here" Luke said and kissed my mom's head.

"It won't be a great start, it'll more be the end of my life" I said as I took a bite of my pizza.

"Clary honey, I know it's hard for you but I'm sure you'll like it here once we're all settled in" Mom said.

"No I won't because you took me thousands of miles away from my best friend" I said.

"You'll meet new friends once you start school on monday and you can still keep in contact with Simon" Mom said.

"You don't get it!" I said in frustration "But whatever, I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Goodnight" I said and stood up.

As I walked out from the livingroom I heard Luke say.

"She'll come around Jocelyn, I promise"

I definitly won't ever come around because I'm supposed to be in New York but instead I'm stuck here in british countryside. I ran upstairs to my room and threw myself on my bed. I picked up my phone and called Simon, I needed to hear his voice. He's the only one who understands me.

"Hi Fray! How's England?" I heard his voice on the other side of the phone.

"It sucks here Si, We're in this huge creepy mansion in the middle of nowhere and mom and Luke doesn't understand me. They think I'll come around and eventually like it here but I'll never like this place. We where supposed to have the best senior year ever and now we're thousands of miles away from eachother and I miss you so much" I said.

"I miss you to Clary and I know, this really sucks. Now I won't have anyone to share the senior year adventures with" He said.

"Yes you do, atleast you have Maia whilest I have noone" I said.

Maia is Simon's girlfriend, they got together about 8 months ago.

"Well yeah I have Maia but you're my best friend whom I've known since the first day of the first grade. I can't believe we won't finish our school years together" He said.

We talked for a long time until I was to tired to keep my eyes open. I then said goodbye and hung up. I got ready and crawled into my bed and fell asleep almost immidiatly. With me arriving to the mansion an old prophecy awoke and and old feud between two families where about to ignite again.

A/N
Welcome to my new Clace book in which everyone are Mundanes. I hope you'll like it 😊