24. // alex's pov

alex's pov;

i threw my pencil across the room, as i finished writing the last words in my journal. i was still furious and frustrated. she left me without a goodbye. i haven't gotten any sleep for the past few days, my mind is still asking the same question. "why did she leave?" i've came up with explanations in my head, but no matter what explanation it was, it ended with me being the bad guy. i haven't shredded a tear, i was too angry.

i spent two days looking for her, but she was no where. carter and nick tried to look for her, too. still no where. when i stopped by her house, her mother wouldn't tell me where she was. it's about 3AM now. I decided I probably won't be getting any sleep anytime soon.

I sighed and threw over my hoodie and headed out of my room. quietly and slipped outside my house. It was dark outside, and I couldn't quite see where I was headed. I guess, I should still try to find her. I walked along the sidewalk still thinking about what I was going to do if I even did find her. Would I demand answers? Or, would I not even find her at all? 

Before I knew it, I was standing in the fields I'd taken her to. The night sky illuminated perfectly, and I wish she could've been here to see this. The moon framed the stars and sky almost like a painting. 

I sat down and admired my surroundings. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a movement. Shit. My palms got sweaty and I feared to turn around. The worst that can happen was being mugged. I didn't really have anything to lose, so I turned my head around..only to be greeted with the warm green eyes I'd missed for so long. 

"Serenity."