Prologue

Mai's POV;

I'm running, running faster than I've run before! I've got to get there if I'm late he'll die...... wait who'll die I don't understand? Ohh it's a dream vision okay let's see how this plays out. I'm still running I see the day, date, and time. I make it just in time to see a car hit a boy around my age. The driver got out and put the boy in the trunk. Then the vision shifted I'm by a little pond or river they drop him in he was still alive but in no condition to save himself so he drowned.

I come awake suddenly crying uncontrollably. That poor boy I know I can save him! I just have to be there before it happens. It's just a few blocks away from my home so I can change my route home. Check out the surrounding area so I can safely protect both of us. I think that driver wanted to hurt the boy and if I interfere they might try to hurt me too.

**Time Skip **

So I've seen the boy his name is Eugene Davis. I've even seen him up close! He has nice eyes they seem really kind. So I really want to save him and save his family the heartache that comes from an early death. I know that pain all to well losing my father and then my mother within years of each other. So I would move through each day passing the cafe Eugene likes to eat at on a daily basis. He has a routine that is easily followed. So if someone wanted to hurt him it wouldn't be hard to find him to do so.

***Day of the accident***

I'm running my lungs are burning, faster, must run faster! I'm late I will make it, I'll save him. My teacher asked me to help out after school today, I thought I had time, but it took longer than expected! So now I'm rushing, running faster than I've run before! I round the corner just as Eugene steps off the curb to cross the street, and there's the car! Its sped up trying to hit him! I grab the back of his jacket, pulling him out of the way. He hits his head on the sidewalk. He's dazed and confused but alive! I pull out my phone showing the driver of the car that I took video of what they tried to do. They sped off and away quickly. Not even looking back at us. I then spoke to him,
"Hey you okay, you hit your head pretty hard, but I think it's slightly better than the alternative of getting hit by a car. I do think you should go to the hospital and get it checked out and I can go with you. Ohh, I'm Mai by the way."
"Hello Mai, I'm Eugene but you can call me Gene nice to meet you. I wish it had been under better circumstances. I think your right about seeing a doctor my head is pounding."
With that we headed to the nearest hospital. I left him in the care of the doctors. What I didn't know was that even though I saved him, his twin brother saw his death, just moments before I saved him. Because I stepped in and changed the outcome at the last moment he saw what was going to happen, but I didn't know that yet. I would very soon.

Eugene Davis POV;

So because of a severe concussion I had to remain in the hospital, and couldn't fly back to England for at least three months. Until I was completely healed from my concussion, as flying can cause pressure on the brain. Which could cause brain damage. I was going to avoid that at all costs. I dropped my phone the day of the accident. So I had no way of getting in touch with anyone back home until I was released from here.

Mai's POV;

I found his phone on my way home. It was completely smashed as the car ran over it. So nothing I could do about it as cell phones are really expensive! So I stopped at the hospital to let them tell him, his phone had been smashed. I left it at that and moved on to studying for my exams as my high school placement test was coming up .