Falling for him PT1: Buisness

Narrators POV:

Aaron was the CEO of his fathers movie company, he lived in a modern mansion in Malibu that sat by itself on a hill that viewed all of the palm trees and buildings that lit up at night. But underneath all of that money, he was alone. Waking up everyday was always difficult for him. Especially ever since the death of his sister, Melissa. On multiple occasions, he thought about taking his own life. He realized it wasn't the family he needed since they neglected him for the majority of his life, but it was a relationship, a spouse, someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Every Monday morning and Saturday morning, Aaron would go to the coffee shop. And every Monday and Saturday mornings, he would see a woman, he could swore he had feelings for her, the way her brown eyes look up at him. Her smile or smirk, her dark wavy long black hair. She was perfect. Although he never talked to her he knew the exact time she would walk in. 9:30 on Mondays, and 8:00 on Saturdays. And he would always be there an hour early just to smile at her, or to smell her scent when she walked by him. She would always get the same thing, avocado toast with eggs on, two sliced tomatoes, no cilantro. And a cold brew, extra vanilla. Exact same order every time. They always at outside, five tables down from each other. She would eat and go on her phone, he felt her eyes gently burn on him, and then the sensation would fade away when he glanced up, he stared at her too, admiring her beauty from afar. They did this for months.

But one day, that damn day, One week before New Years. It rained that day, and they had to sit inside. They were the closest to each other, only one table apart. They switched glancing up at each other and biting their lip. Until the locked eyes. His charcoal eyes stared into her starry brown eyes. He slightly grinned, as she blushed. Moving her hair out of her face. Aaron could smell her Lavender scent, and she could smell his Polo Cologne. Anyone who has ever worked for or met Aaron knows that he never cracks a smile. He's made of stone they suggest. No love, no heart. But this woman could break that logic easily. He realized this was his chance, to brake the months and months of silence. To talk to her.

"Hi-" his voice cracked as he coughed abruptly. She softly giggled biting her lip again. "Hi." He said relived.

"Hi." She smiled. Aaron felt something that was unusual, the butterflies, his hands sweaty, him licking his lips, tapping his foot, grinning awkwardly, thinking rapidly. Especially if he had put on enough deodorant. He took a package of Altoids from his pocket and sneakily shoved a few in his mouth. He stared at her and she stared at him, blushing.

"I'm sorry-your name is.."

"-Aphmau."

He smiled and blushed "Aaron." He was becoming antsy, like he had something to say but he couldn't say it. Because in that moment, in that small cafe, a pair of hands snaked down her shoulders. He glanced up and there he was, a man, his hair was black but lighter, his eyes were a cloudy blue, and his skin was pale. No facial hair, just, him. Aaron's heart shuttered into nothing, it was smashed. Burned. This woman was already taken, if he hadn't sat around all these months he would have had her. But she was gone.

"Come on babe, storms bad." Aphmau's eyes glared down at the ground and she got up, pulling over her jacket and leaving. Just like that she was gone. Twenty minutes after Aaron was done staring at the seat she was in, he slowly got up, left the tip, and walked. He didn't know where, his very nice black Lambo was parked on the side curve. Anyone could steal it. He didn't care. After an hour of walking in the rain, he walked back towards his car and sat in it. Drenched, and sad. He drove mindlessly back home and flopped on his bed sheets. Realizing he had no hope.