To be Honest❄

you knew from the beginning that it was never your intention to look at Todoroki, the son of the number two hero, the way you would never look at an everyday passerby. Sure the guy was gorgeous, as what Ashido described him to be, but you never noticed him that way.

       You barely know the guy and yet why does your heart flutter whenever he greeted you good morning? He was only being polite by acknowledging your presence right? But he could've just nodded his head like he always does with Iida.

        You barely knew Todoroki and yet whenever he asked you if you could help him with Chemistry, why does that draw a goofy, foolish smile to on your lips? Why did the butterflies inside you suddenly woke up and decide to dance around your belly? Of course, he only asked for your help because of your quirk: the ability to manipulate elements listed in the periodic table and you were better than everyone else when it comes to that subject.

        What was different in the atmosphere on the month of May that made you gaze upon the bi-colored boy who sat next to your left in class? Did Midnight, the rated R pro-hero, put something in the air conditioner to make you feel this way?

        It didn't make sense to you.

        And that drove you insane

        You tried asking yourself questions as to why you're feeling this way, repeating the questions in hopes of coming up with new ones and be the right questions to ask yourself.

        Your efforts were useless and only made you feel more frustrated. You stopped counting the nights when you'd stay up till the skies turned reddish-blue just by trying to make sense of what you're feeling towards Todoroki.

        But before these emotions sufaced, you and Todoroki were more than just acquaintances but less than friends and still have the same "relationship" to this day. Though it never occurred to you that it was possible for him to cause such perplexing emotions without him even noticing it or doing it intentionally.

       "Y/n," your train of thoughts came to a halt when the voice of your classmate,  Ochaco, reached your ears. You took the ear bud off your right ear and looked at the sweet brunette in front of you. She gave you a slightly agitated  look. "You've been having those thoughts again, correct?"  She sat down on the empty seat in front of you that was supposed to be occupied by another student, but they were chatting their butt off with their friends.

        An annoyed sigh escaped your lips, putting the earbud back to your ear while decreasing the volume, just in case she still wants to continue this conversation. "No" you grumbled quietly and stole a glance at Todoroki who was trying to read a book with all the nonsense that was going on in class.

         She rolled her eyes at you and scoffed lightly. "Idiot, stop lying and just admit that you like him" Ochaco looked at Todoroki for a brief moment and looked back at you. "Y/n, your feelings doesn't have to make sense, you know?"

"Hypocrite" you thought "why don't you say that to yourself?"

        You pretended not hear her and ignored her, trying your best to focus on the violin playing through your earbuds. "Hey, I know you can hear me and you probably called me a hypocrite in your head, but I'm getting a little worried Y/n. The bags under your eyes are getting worse and I know for a fact that it's not because of studying or any other type of shit like that-" You eyes snapped back at her and widened. Did she just drop a curse word in front of me? What the actual f*ck?

        "-you've been thinking about him more than usual haven't you?" She continued. Another sigh escaped your lips as you paused the music you've been trying to listen to for the past 7 minutes. "Yes. I have and like I've told you many times before, the same conclusion has been drawn over and over again. The same reason was always the same. I li- lik-" you can't even say it.