Chapter 9: Proposal

Y/n POV

It has been 2 months since Sammy came over and we have spent almost every minute of the time together. I stretch out of bed and wiggle my toes in the lush carpet. I change into my clothes and head downstairs to hear muttering. Looking down from the stairs I see Sammy and Alex whispering. Sammy seems nervous but then Alex smiles and they shake hands. Sammy seems to be really happy. Maybe their finally going to get along.

Sammy's POV

I shake hands with Alexander. I had gotten his blessing to marry Y/n. I was overjoyed and couldn't stop smiling. I look up to see a confused Y/n looking down on us from the stairs. My smile got brighter, if that's even possible. I run up to her and hug her.

"Good morning, love."

"G-good morning Sammy. You seem happy."

"Yes, I was going to have us visit the park today."

"That sounds great."

We walk hand in hand to the park. I feel giddy and my hand was in hers and the other in my pocket, fiddling with a small box. We walk around and chat. Normal everyday things. Then I take her to a private section of the park and take her hands. I see her surprised face. I maintain eye contact and get on one knee. She takes one of her hands and puts in over her mouth, she starts to tear up. So do I ask I take out the important little box. I open it, showing a silver ring with a heart shaped diamond on it.

"Y/n, 2 months ago i promised to marry you, I'm keeping that promise. Will yo-"

She's full on crying now as she hugs as if her life depends on it.

"YES! OF COURSE!"

I hug her and slip the ring on her finger and then one on mine. We walk back home, her holding my arm and leaning on me. We fall asleep close as close can be, no space between us.