First Day of Torture

I DO NOT OWN BLUE EXORCIST AND ITS CHARACTERS

The next day found the esquires in an outside gym where the last class of their cram school will take place. This also means the first day where Abaddon, their demonic teacher will be teaching them. The esquires are getting restless when 15 minutes into the class and there's still no sign of the instructor.

"First day and already ditching us?" Bon grumbled.

"Isn't that better though? I mean I'm still not ready to face a demon amongst us after... after..." The bald headed boy trembled. For some reason, he can't say his name. His tongue felt numb and heavy inside his mouth. Cold sweat started to roll on his skin as flashes of that boy keep popping on his mind.

His smile.

His bright blue eyes.

His voice.

His bluish hair.

His blue flames.

His death.

Koneko didn't notice when he suddenly fell down on his knees. Nor did he notice when tears and snot kept cascading down his face. His classmates surrounded him and shaking him but it felt like he was inside his own world where he went back in time. Back to the time where no one died. Back to the time where they would sit inside the old boys' dorm's kitchen and eat the delicious food cooked by that boy.

He could see him walking towards them. The crackling of his blue flames surrounding his body; whipping wildly and burning everything it touches to nothing. His sword, the Kurikara, held in his hands. The bloody corpses piled behind him. On his face is a scary grin, showing his sharp teeth and his lips where blood drips. He's coming closer to them.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer with his sword pointed at Koneko's head.

"Koneko-kun."

"koneko-kun."

"KONEKO!"

The boy startled at Shima's loud voice. He lifted his head and unfortunately, his new teacher's grinning face was just an inch or two away from his soiled face.

"AHHHH!" Koneko screamed and scrambled backwards where he fell down his butt.

"Ah? Does this Abaddon looks so unsightly that his face made you squeal in fright?" The new teacher feigned hurt while still grinning maniacally. It was so fearsome on his face coupled with his glowing empty blue eyes.