Chapter 2: Coffee Shop Where the Riddles Assemble

(This day has finally arrived).

The 'Saffron' marked a final cross on the calendar with an orange fountain pen. She picked up the black seal coat hanging on the chair, which ostensibly had a spell that could calm her heart, and stroked it with her pale hand. She turned to the loyal servant who began serving her family since her mother's time, and even her grandmother's time.

"I'm eating outside for lunch."

After informing the servant, she left the house.

(I wonder if the Mr. Polar Star still remembers about the promise between us...)

She first met him through the internet during the previous Autumn.

And the chance encounter occurred because a person called the Mr. Polar Star left a comment on the blog 'Saffron' set up.

'Saffron' uploaded photos of all sorts of herbs she painstakingly raised onto the blog, and Mr. Polar Star commented, "Your good friend Miss Lilian has quite the vast knowledge, and is refreshingly honest to others. It certainly is amazing.' Because of it, the duo started conversing with each other.

'Miss Lilian' is the affectionate nickname 'Saffron' gave to her Sage flowers.

There were other kinds of herbs at the house 'Saffron' tended to, and they had their unique names. There is the Miss Cosette for the Chamomiles, Mr. Rui for the Lemon Balms, Lady Shear for the Fennels, Mr. Philip for the Aloes, Miss Stellar for the Rosemaries.

'Saffron' had the habit of giving names to her plants and personal belongings ever since young, and to a few male blog fans, she was hailed for having an innocent cuteness. There were however a few who felt that she was 'airheaded', that 'she spends too much effort forcing a character upon herself'. Perhaps most of the latter were females who were jealous of her.

But neither the male nor female readers were interested in Miss Lilian and the herbs, but were interested in 'Saffron' herself.

The contents on the comment columns were mostly about 'Saffron's personal matters.

If there were those who were interested in researching on herbs, they would probably visit the more professional blogs and websites.

'Saffron's blog was divided into a daily life about the dear princess section by the readers. They naturally would not be concerned about those herbs

However, the Polar star would passionately give her advice, like 'Miss Lilian looks energetic like usual today', or 'Miss Cosette does not seem to be spry. You might want to try switching places'.

And so, after constant replies from 'Saffron', both of them exchanged their mail addresses, gradually becoming intimate.

–I do wish to meet you personally. There are some things I wish to tell you. Can we meet this time?

On this Spring, soon before the Golden Week, Mr. Polar Star made such an invitation.

After receiving this message, 'Saffron's heart practically ceased, the tip of her nose itching.

Was the 'there is something I wish to tell you', a love confession?

She had such a premonition right from the beginning.

The wordings the Polar Star used in the messages sent to 'Saffron' were all so elegant, so romantic, like a gentle invitation.

But to meet the Mr. Polar Star offline?

Such a notion was a little terrifying to her.

From the mail messages, it seemed the Mr. Polar Star was a kind, somewhat cheeky person who would say some self-deprecating things at times, a man who loved to research on plants, and did not seem like a bad person.