Chapter 1: the Change

Sarah POV

Hi, My name is Sarah. I'm sixteen and I live in Texas with my brother Michael and my friends Ben, JD, Daniel, and Eliza. We all have superpowers. "How did you get them?" you may ask. Well, here's how it happened.

~TO THE BEGINNING~

I was with Eliza at our apartment playing Battlefront on my Xbox One when the phone rang.

"I'll get it." I sighed. So I put my controller down, got up and grabbed my phone.

"Hello," I said, "Who is this?"

"H̷̪̑͆͛ȩ̵̣̫̮̽̉̄̚͝͝ ̵̱̱͖͈͙̈́̓̿̚Ḯ̴̱̮͕̠̾͑ṣ̵͖͍̯̻̾̀̋ ̸̛̮̯̹̝̺̋̆̓̚͘̕C̴̰̥̥̦̰͓̒͋̌̈́ǫ̶̛͉̪̆̎̅̋͌̇͠M̶̩̺̽̓̀̊͆̃͂͝ǐ̸̭̻͚͈̗̤̌̚͠Ǹ̶̝̥̦̪̘͕͓͍̓͋͘g̸͍͕͎̮͒̾̑̈̓͂͗̚ͅ..." a raspy voice mumbled through the receiver, "P̷̢͓̜̻̝̾̌̌̽͜r̴̩̬͕͛̋̽̔́͛̕o̷̠̥̘̼̹̮͚̟͋̓t̴͕̳̻̮̝͊̃͗͝é̵̝̞͇̠̍̀̇̀̂̀͝ĉ̵̡͓̘͎͙̮̊̉͌̿t̵̨̫̰̓͒̀ ̸̜͕̮̻̲͔̤̈́͛͝ỳ̴̯̬̺̣̬̱ͅo̶̳̻͕̻̗̭̯̩̓̍̓̀̅û̸̝̫̝̻̝̤̩̂̅́̉͗̆r̵̛̹̠̰͒̎͋̍̕̚ś̷̰͓͙̣͋̌ͅe̶̼͎͓̟̖͂̌̑͗̑̊͘͘ͅl̷̞̗͑͗̀͊ṿ̶̧͎͕͚̥͂̑è̴̢̨͕̥͇̠͜s̷̮͚̤̬̯͌̎͑̓̎̕,̵̛̤̱̳̹͂̀̕ ̴̣͖̻͊͂H̸͓̪̠̺̣̉̋̎̐̀ȇ̵̯̜̣͔͇̟̣̫̆̀͒̂̕͠͠ ̷̛̣͖̯̇̋̽͒͘ͅĮ̶͖͖̘̭̟͚͑s̷͇͐̔͊ ̷̥̰̦̝̪̪͗̐͑͋͂̄ͅC̷̹̹̆̄̾̐̅̾ơ̵̱̣̤̍͋Ḿ̴̧͍̞̹̬̳į̴̡͕͕͔̺͆Ń̵̨̦̻͓̗̿̈́̂͋́͝ģ̵̣̥̺̊̑̎͠!" All of a sudden, the phone started to heat up and I dropped the phone hurriedly just as it caught fire.

"Ow!" I yelped. Then suddenly, the pile of melted plastic morphed into six crystals. How I don't know. One of them was yellow, another pink, another white, another yellow, another blue, and lastly one that was green.

"What's that?" Eliza asked. I jumped in fright and instinctively slapped her in the face.

"OW!" She shrieked, holding her reddening cheek.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "You startled me."

She gave me a look and rolled her neon green orbs, turning her attention back to the crystals. "What are they, Sarah?"

"I don't know what they are," I said as I examined them. "The white one is mine." She said as she grabbed the white one with the weird curved claw thing. "Well then, the pink one is mine," I said, grasping the crystal I deemed the best.

Suddenly, we heard the door open and the house was filled with my brother and his three guy friends' boisterous voices.

"Took you guys long enough," I grumbled.

"Sorry," Ben said, "We had some traffic on I 10."

"What are those jewel thingies?" Michael asked.

"Magic crystals, I think," I said.

"Those aren't just any crystals," Daniel said excitedly. "Those are dragon crystals!" Eliza giggled and blushed. I snickered quietly and rolled my eyes. Dorky couples, am I right?

"Well, what are we going to do with them?" JD asked.

"I call dibs on the blue one!" Ben shouted, snatching his off the table.

"Then I guess I'll get the yellow one and Daniel gets the red one!" JD said, handing the fire colored one to Daniel and strapping his lightning colored crystal around his neck.

"I guess I'll get the leafy green one, then. Thanks, guys." Michael grumbled. After we all grabbed them, they started glowing. Abruptly, there was a blinding flash of light and we all woke up on the floor an hour later. "What..happened?" I groaned, then yelped in shock as I looked around. Everybody had dragon wings!