Chapter 2: One For All

Ben's POV

I didn't know what to do after all that happened. Everybody was scared, Daniel was terrified for Eliza and Sarah was crying about her missing brother. JD was cooing softly in Sarah's ear, rubbing her back. Daniel was trembling and suddenly punched the wall, leaving a large crater-like hole in it and startled the rest of us. I watched as Fiona fluttered up to him and shifted into a small black tattoo on Daniel's barely visible collarbone. Daniel leaned a hand against the wall, head down and raven colored hair shielding his eyes, then he suddenly left the room to most likely cool off.

I turned to JD and Sarah, the latter of the two finally calm and just lightly playing with the two does, and the former standing with folded my arms. "So what now?" I said. JD sighed and rubbed his temples. But before he could speak Athena made an odd whimpering noise and bucked up a little. Sarah stood straight and said,

"Athena says there are other 'dragon kin' like us out there that can help us. We just have to find them." I stared at her in confusion.

"Okay, well, how do we do that?" I questioned and this time Aphrodite answered.

"Two of us go after the other dragonkin while the other two search for Michael and Eliza."

"What!?" JD's outburst startled me and I yelped, jumping back in shock. "Sorry... But, seriously, are you nuts? Split up? After what just happened!?"

"She's right." Our heads swiveled 'round as Daniel spoke from his position, leaning against the doorframe. "We haven't unlocked all of our abilities and power, but this hooded freak show seems pretty powerful. Our best bet is to get as much help as possible but we also can't stop until we free our friends. There's no telling what he could do to them." He continued, slowly walking into the room once more. His tattoo glowed a slight orange and his body radiated heat for a moment before the tension left.

"Sarah and I can go after the other 'dragon kin'. You and Daniel can go after Eliza and Michael." JD said, stuffing a couple of backpacks full of food and medicine. "We might be gone for a while but Chico says that he can send out a telepathic sonar to you guys when we find someone." Daniel nodded and took one of the backpacks, slinging it over his shoulder and nodding towards the window.

"Let's use our wings, it'll be easier for our animal friends to track Eliza and Michael's scents." I nodded and waved to JD and Sarah, then extended my wings and took off with Daniel.

~Later~

After a while, I asked Daniel "Do you really think there are others like us?"

"Probably," he said as he spoke finally.

Suddenly I heard in my head, I sense our kin nearby, but I don't think it's Eliza or Michael.

"Thanks, Hydro"

No problem, he said.

I turned to Daniel" Hydro senses another ' dragon kin' nearby, but not Eliza or Michael."

He said "Let's go check it out"

We dove down and I tried landing perfectly but I tripped and fell on my face. Daniel landed perfectly and laughed at me. A dark shadow flew above us barely missing our heads. A loud owl cry was made as the bird flew back barely missing again, then perching on a city light. The owl looked at us, seeming to almost dare us to make a move. Its eyes almost seem to glow gold, with strong wings settling behind the animal. It tilted its head, studying us with interest and gazing curiously at the crystals around our necks. It let out a cry seeming to alert something or someone. Another larger owl swoops down from one of the buildings and uses its beak to grab my blue crystal from my neck. The large barn owl lands next to the smaller one. The owl takes the crystal in one of its claws observing it with interest.