chapter 2

Ukiyoe Town

Nura Clan Main House

"And?...how is exactly is this my fault"rikuo asked.

"This weekly magazine has a section on the city legends. This one's kappa,"Tengu explained holding a magazine."And here...I found a ton of information on "Modern Youkai" from articles on the Internet!"

"Rikuo!"you leap from behind him. "Ahh! That's started me! (Name)-chan!"rikuo said. "Hey Tengu what are you guys talking?"you wave at the youkai.

"He wants me to take the position of handling as leader of youkai's like grandpa"rikuo sarcastically said.

"What about the big action scene last time?,when you took care of the uprising efficiently?"Tengu continued.

"What was that?!"rikuo shouted. "Like I told you before, I have no idea who was there or what happened that time!,"rikuo shouted holding a bucket. "I don't even remember what I said!"

"How irresponsible!!! I myself remember it! Like it was yesterday!"tengu shouted back. "Going and saying We should all flock all around you or something like that!"Tengu turn to you standing on the porch."Even (Name)-chan!,"he pointed you.

"What?!(Name)-chan? She turn to a youkai?!"rikuo said surprised. You eyed at rikuo then nod your head. "Well...yeah actually before I fall on the ground you caught me"rikuo blushed.

"hey rikuo, what're you getting so worked up over early this morning?"Nurarihyon asked.

"You just sit around and let all this happened, so I'm the one who gets yelled at grandpa!"rikuo said. "Well I can't help you that, you know"his grandpa said.

"With this old body of mine...if you don't hurry and take up the position of the supreme commander of youkai for me...I'll die"

"Lies!!! Yesterday evening you skipped out on that restaurant bill as healthy as ever!"rikuo yelled.

"Rikuo, we need to hurry"you told the boy. "Ah! Just go ahead (Name)-chan!I'll catch up with you"rikuo said. You didn't say anything and leave the main house going to school.

"That's odd..."rikuo mumbled looking at the direction you left."What's wrong?"his grandpa asked. "(Name)-chan has been quiet yesterday and...now"rikuo said putting down the bucket.

"So you noticed?"his grandpa said."Something is in (Name)-chan...her secret"

At School...

"Eh? Where's (Name)-chan?"rikuo looked around the classroom as he spotted the girl listening some music on her phone while sleeping on her table.

"You see...Youkai do really exist!"kiyotsugyu said.

"Nura-kun...I'm sorry for making fun of you back then!"before rikuo reached to (Name) he was pulled by kiyotsugyu."All because of that person..."he said with a spark of confidence.

"That person...?"rikuo wondered. "And...the one who saved me from hell when I was young"rikuo's eyes gleamed with spark. "You don't mean... "Rikuo trailed off.

"He's my idol! I want to see him again...that's why I'm looking for places that might have connection with him!"kiyotsugyu explained. Rikuo deadpanned. "This is bad!"

"Kiyotsugyu-kun! You don't mean...that old school building everyone's talking about!?"their classmates said. "Yeah, I want to go there"

"That's school is dangerous..."they whip their head to you with one of your eyes open."I wouldn't go there...if I we're you"you turn your head to the window. "See! Even (Name)-chan said that!"rikuo said then sat beside you.

-------Time Skipped...

"Why do I have to come?"you asked rikuo taking the headphones off your ear. Rikuo sheepishly scratch the back of his head. "I can't go alone without you..."he said. You sigh."Let's leave them"you said pulling his wrist and kana.

"Wha----hey! Where are you going!?"tsurara asked then chased you both. "(Name)-chan! We're going deep in the school! It's scary here!"rikuo shouted. You stopped looking above the roof.

"What...what's wrong?"rikuo looked up making his eyes widen in terror.

A girl on the roof sitting when she saw you three.Rikuo suddenly punch the ghost making you sweatdrop. "Rikuo what are you doing? "Kana asked. Rikuo turn around but you we're already gone.

"Where's (Name)-chan?"kana shrugged.

"Whew! Rikuo! Kana! Come here!"the two followed your voice echoed in the wall. They stop and saw kiyotsugu and his friend holding a flashlight as they flash a youkai in the corner. Rikuo's eyes widen.

"WAAAAAHHHH!"they shouted with terror.

"Rikuo-kun! What is it?!"kana asked closing her eyes from behind both of you. "Yuki-Onna, Aotabuo...Move! Now! "Suddenly the two youkai's fake human form transform into youkai beating the evil youkai's.

"You know!? But how?!"the two youkai's asked.You shruged."Don't know...anyway...we have a problem"you pointed to your classmate kiyotsugu fainted.

"Oh..."

At the Nura Clan Main House....

"What?! What do you mean?!"the commander asked.

"(Name)-chan...there is a story that once a human can see youkai's and turn into like (Name)-chan did...she will receive the faith like the past of her ancestors. If The evil youkai's smell her blood they will ate her and the youkai will become powerful than ever be!"Tengu said as he finished reading the story.

"This is bad...The child will be in danger..."nurarihyon said.