C H A P T E R 1

I wake up, as my phone starts playing one of my favorite songs as an alarm.

Jake: "Turn off that shit!"

Marco: "Dude get up! It's the day, they are going to choose, who goes to Team Rainbow!" –I said it in excitement

When I try to get up from the lower part of our bunk bed I hit my head in the steel frame of it. I check it with my hand to see that it had not been injured. I'm a bit clumsy, but I still managed to join the FBI SWAT. After my little medical check I finally get up. Then my head turns to look at Jake who is still sleeping. He was always a lazy guy, but I can't leave my friend here cause then he will not attend the selection. I'm thinking of shaking him, but he would just get scared, and punch me right in the face. So I just talk him out of bed.

Marco: "Get the hell up Jake! We've been waiting for this moment every day! C'mon I don't want to be late because of you!

Jake: "Alright, I'm coming, I'm coming..."

He finally manages to wake up, then he grabs some clothes and goes to the dorm's bathroom. Four of us lives in one dorm. The other two, Kyle and Max are already up, but I don't see them. They probably went to grab some food.

I go and check on my combat uniform. When I look at it I see, that my combat medic patch isn't there. I start to panic. This is the most important day in my life, and my uniform is not complete. What will the leader of Team Rainbow say? "This guy can't even watch out for his uniform." No I can't let that happen. I start searching for it, but after five minutes I can't find it anywhere. I sit down on my bed, then bury my head into my arms. I let out a sigh. This shitty patch is going to ruin the selection. I kept thinking, of what could possibly happen but then Jake shouts out of the bathroom.

Jake: "Hey, isn't this your patch Marco?"

Marco: "Finally! I was looking for it the whole time!

Jake: "Yeah sure, whatever. But how it got here?

I'm thinking on Jake's question a little bit but now I remember.

Marco: "Yesterday I washed it off a little bit, because it was dirty. I want everything to go right today.

Jake: "Dude! You are overthinking this entire thing. It's going to be all right. You can't fuck it up, like everything else you touch!"

I can hear a small laugh coming out of the bathroom. Well, he's a bit right I really fuck up almost anything. But somehow I came this far and I don't want to fail here. I don't how I made it, maybe God helped maybe it's just luck, who knows?

I'm still sitting on my bed thinking about these things. I ask myself questions like: "How did I end up here?" And: "What I want to achieve with this." Then I hear a door open. It's Kyle, he came back from the cafeteria.

Kyle: "Don't you two want to eat something before the selection? It's already 6:30!"

Marco: "Yeah it would be good, but this princess has conquered the bathroom." –I shout so Jake can hear it too

Jake: "Shut up shitnugget! You know I care about my looks. This is how I'm gonna get the best girls!"

Marco: "Oh sorry Mr. Barney Stinson!"

Kyle just shakes his head and smiles. His hair is cut almost bald at the side and cut short on the top. I think the barber called this style high and tight, it's very common in the military. His hair is brown colored like mine. Then Kyle checks his beard. It's not very dense, Max has got a bigger one.

Marco: "Anyway, where's Max?" –I ask Kyle

Kyle: "I think he went to talk with Elena. You know Elena doesn't want to join Team Rainbow but Max does so it's a bit awkward because something was going on between them."

Marco: "Well that's unlucky. Maybe he will find a girl in Rainbow." –I laughed a bit

Kyle: "You know that only two people can go into Team Rainbow from here, right?"

Marco: "Fuck, I almost forgot about that. That's just awkward. Well, we will see who is going join the ranks of the other FBI operators at Rainbow."

Kyle: "Good luck!" –He waves with his hand then leaves the room.

Jake then steps out of the bathroom with a concerned look.

Jake: "What did he say?"

Marco: "That only two of us can join the elit CTU."

Jake: "I know, it's so bad. A lot of us is going to be mad and sad. But we are going to get that promotion!"

Marco: "Y-Yeah, maybe... -I look down onto the ground

Jake: "Hey! Don't be so negative! Try to concentrate on the good things!"

I'm jealous of Jake. He is always happy, confident and can always cheer up people. And here am I constantly worrying on every little thing. Jake wouldn't have panicked because of a patch and he's not worrying about the selection either. He believes in himself and that's what I'm missing.

Jake: "Alright, now go it's your turn in the bathroom."

I stand up from the bed and walk up to a drawer. I get a boxer and a black T-shirt out of it. Then I head straight to the shower. I close the door and get undressed. Well I don't have anything on me except my other boxers and a military green shirt, so it doesn't take long. After that I open the water and it starts flowing. I check the temperature with my hands. It's not cold but It's not warm either. I got used to this here. It's a military base after all.

I wash myself under seven minutes then jump out of the shower. I immediately dress up then, hurry out of the bathroom. I pull my black combat pants on then comes a tactical shirt with urban camo. I get my boots then tie them. And the final touch, the combat medic patch. It's a black patch with the snake on the cross, and there is a writing that says: COMBAT MEDIC SO OTHER MAY LIVE...

It's me the author. This would be the first chapter of my book. It's a bit short but the second one will be longer. Please make sure to leave a comment so I can know if you liked it or not. Thank You for reading!