C H A P T E R 11

Smoke coming out of the barrel of my gun, twisted in the air. Did I do the right thing? Was it worth it? I froze, I couldn't move a muscle. I was trained, to do such things, but I failed, I couldn't keep my calm.

When my vision cleared, I rushed to Ela. She fell with her kidnaper. A blood trail, was coming down on her forehead. I took her in my arms.

Marco: "Ela, can you hear me? Ela, say something!" –She hit her head hard in the old concrete floor. Then her eyelids started to move up.

Ela: "Marco, is that you?" –She said it very weakly

Marco: "Yeah, it's me."

Ela: "Am, I going to die?"

Marco: "What? No, you just hit your head a little. It's just a scratch."

Ela: "You sure?"

Marco: "I'm a medic remember?" –She has a little concussion, that's for sure

Marco: "Come, we have to move! The other masks are probably searching for us already

Ela: "Everything is so blurry, I don't think I can walk"

Marco: "Then I'll help you." –I put Ela over my shoulder and start searching for an exit.

The lights, are a blessing and a curse at the same time. I can see better, but that means that the terrorists can too. I go out on the door which I came in earlier. I look around to see if it is safe to cross this hallway. I start moving forward, I slowly walked, tried to muffle every step of mine. Then two masks walked out from one of the rooms. I grabbed my pistol with one hand, so I could hold Ela on my back with the other. I could shot them down, but unfortunately they radioed to the others. Now they all know where we are. Suddenly I could hear a lot of footsteps echoing through the old building, and the sound came closer.

Holding Ela so she doesn't fall off, I ran as fast as I could. I made a choice so I could save her life, I won't throw it away so easily. I followed the same path, on what we came in. Bullets flying, next to my head, hitting the old, rusty iron supporting pillars. The old debris on the ground didn't make my job easier. Nails, bricks, and other wastes. I took sharp turns in order to avoid some bullets. Then, I finally saw it. The exit out of this hellhole. I kept running towards the door, which luckily was open. I kept running towards it, but what happens after that? They'll probably come after me. I have to try it, that's my only option.

Suddenly somebody in a yellow hazmat suit, appears in the door. It's Lion.

Lion: "JUMP AWAY!" –He shouted, and I followed his command. I doge left and hid behind some stocked pallets.

Lion, starts shooting at the hostiles. He mowed them down. I couldn't even count them. All of them fell, face forward on each other. It was horrifying, seeing something like this. This was a massacre, but in order for people to live their lives in peace, we have to do the dirty job.

When, bullet cases stopped dropping, I raised my head and peeked, if it was safe or not. I saw Lion observing the area for any remaining hostiles, but fortunately he didn't found any. He waved to me, I grabbed Ela and moved towards him. We got out on the door. I saw the other half of our team, sitting next to the wall, exhausted and disappointed. They, couldn't save the girl, and that is because of me. Lion put his V308, down, on the ground.

Lion: "What the hell happened?"

I put down Ela, and Ying immediately rushed to her, she was standing right in front of the door. And in that moment, a loud bang could be heard, a mask, with his last dying breath, pulled the trigger on his pistol and shot Ying in the leg. Lion reacted quickly and put a bullet into the terrorist.