Chapter 3 ~ The Vow

I opened the door to see an extremely hot British guy dressed in a policeman's uniform and carrying a folder. He was tall and had perfect eyes, the colour of freshly mowed grass. Oddly, he smelt like spearmint which I happen to find very attractive.

"Hello, I am James Morgan. Are you Natalie Pierce?"

It was hard to focus with his big green eyes perfectly centred on mine.I just stared at his face. His gorgeous, gorgeous face. When he gave me a puzzled look, I knew it was time to speak again.

"Hmm, yes I am sorry, just admiring your face."

"Umm, ok then. I was wondering if I could talk to you about the tragic death of your friend Katerina Petrova?"

"Ahh, BEST friend actually! And sure, why not?"

He stepped through my doorway and swiftly made his way over to the couch. He sat down and got out a note pad and a blue pen. He asked me numerous questions. Most of them related to what Katerina was like when we were growing up. Some of them were about our friendship and our recent fights about drinking alcohol and taking drugs. There were so many questions and after a while I just spaced, pretending to listen.

However, there was one question that forced me to regain my focus.

"What were you doing in the hours before Katerina was murdered?" asked James.

The one question that snapped my brain back into action as I had to make the effort to recall what happened on that night.

"Umm, I don't think that is a good idea."

"Why not? It's not like I am going to tell anyone. You can trust me. I devoted my life to serving the law for a reason, and I took a vow to keep that promise."

"Ok"

I began." It all started when Katerina snuck into my house and woke me up at 10:00."