Bold Luck

The room as still reverberating with the energy the crowd emanated. The chatter in the room was now in a low volume since most people had left after they got what they wanted. Only a very few fans were still walking around taking pictures and getting their cd booklets and photos signed.

It had been an exciting but long night for the boys and, even though they always tried to give each fan their undivided attention, it was almost time to go to the hotel and rest.

"You were amazing, Tomo. Thanks for your music." A girl, not older than 18 years old, told him with sparkles in her eyes.

"You are very much welcome." He said with a smile.

"You're the reason I started to play guitar. Thought you should know."

"Aw, now that's a compliment. Thank you. What is your name?" He asked so he could sign her Mars poster with a special dedication.

"Tabitha." He started sliding the tip of the pen on the glossy poster paper, but it didn't work. Tracing circles, around and around, the pen was denting the poster and damaging it slightly.

Across the room, Jared and Shannon were surrounded by a group of boys also getting autographs and pictures. Their tired brains and bodies were glad that these were the last few fans they would have to meet. They appreciated them but, being in their forties, in the Leto brothers case, sometimes it was hard to keep up.

"Ugh, has anyone got a pen that works?" Tomo shouted aimlessly and caught everyone's attention.

"Here." The woman had been sitting quietly in a corner, on a bean bag, waiting for the crowd to dismiss.

Shannon and Jared immediately turned their heads to see where that voice was coming from. She stood on her feet, and they watched her walk across the room, with a pen in her hand.

She was wearing a pair of ripped dark blue skinny jeans, black court heels and a black and red stripe Bardot neck top. Her tangled blonde hair was up in a bun, and her green eyes were contoured with smudged black eyeliner.

Their eyes accompanied her steps until she reached the girls surrounding Tomo. After an exchange of looks with his brother, Shannon spoke under his breath.

"Mine."

"Oh, we're going to start doing this again, aren't we?" Jared responded. It had been a while since they had played for a fan's attention. In the early days it was a common occurrence, but as they got older, the game wasn't as alluring anymore.

"We are not. You're out." Shannon finished signing a boy's cd, while the mystery blonde was chatting away with Tomo. Staring from a distance, he watched her wrap her arms around his waist and smile for the camera.

The brothers were still tending to some fans when she began to approach them. Waiting patiently for her turn, the woman tried to find the best spot on her Love Lust Faith + Dreams cd booklet so they could sign it. She looked up in their direction to see Shannon's back, and his neck twisted back toward her, almost like in The Exorcist.

Timidly, she looked down to hide her blushing cheeks. Shannon smirked, shook his head and made a face for the next picture that was being taken of him.

"Come here, honey." Jared gestured with his hand for her to come closer. As she reached them, he hooked his right arm around her waist. "Did you enjoy the show?" His eyes fixed on her, making her nervous.

"I did. Thank you so much for the amazing performance." Her voice was low and shy. "Could you sign this for me, please?" She handed him the booklet, and he tried to scribble his signature on it, unsuccessfully.