The Jailed Scientist

It's a new day. Jack Hasman gets up from his bed and quickly takes a shower. He is living near the Moniaca Ocean, one of the biggest oceans in the world, where he devoted his life, trying to build a waste-free community. He is a marine and an environmental scientist. He loves the earth and wants everyone to live a plastic-free life. Investing his time on researching and cleaning the ocean, he also loves to influence everyone to do the same in order to save the world.

He starts his day by walking along the beach. His eyes meet the deep blue ocean and see plastics floating around. He sighs deeply. Moniaca Ocean has lots of tourists everyday. It is impossible for him to clean everything alone. He already discussed everything to the public officials, unfortunately, nothing happened.

With his diving kit, he dives deeply to the ocean. He is always fascinated with the marine life. However, plastics and other waste products now dominate the ocean. Jack reaches the trapped baby dolphin. It can't swim independently because of the plastic bags around its body. He removes it and accompanies the dolphin out of the rocks. Then, he sees a red crab, its claws are trapped on a small piece of net. He again removes it.

Picking all the garbage he sees, he swims around, enjoying the company of all the animals. They all seem very happy again. When he saw the area cleaned, he swims out of the ocean.

He continues picking some rubbish. There, he sees groups of tourists, who just left their garbage and starts walking away. Jack is extremely furious by the actions of the tourists. He can't stand it anymore so he starts walking to the groups' side.

"Hey mates, do you mind if you pick up those rubbish of yours? We are trying to make the Moniaca clean." Jack tells the guys.

"Why don't you do it then?" One guy answers him. Everyone laughs. Jack is surprised but he tries composing himself again.

"It's not right to just live the garbage in here. It will float on the ocean and eventually kill the animals."

"Why do I care about the animals?" Jack's eyes narrow. He suddenly punches the guy's face because of his anger. The guy punches him back and the others also. He's body drops to the ground while the strong breeze is hugging his body.

He doesn't know what happened after, but he just finds himself locked inside the prison.

"Release me here! I need to save the Earth! If I won't, no one would. I can't do it alone! We all have to work together!"

Still, he isn't released. Everyone thinks he is crazy, but the truth is, he only wants to save the world.