Love You, Moron (BOTW! Link x Male! Reader)

One...

The moonlight filtered from behind a few clouds, barely lighting up the land of Hyrule.

Two...

The wind was soft, causing the trees to shiver as the breeze swept over them.

Three...

Another dull thwack faintly echoed through the vast plains below, the sound barely a whisper.

Four...

A sharp-toothed grin pulled at his face, his eyes shadowed by the ruby red hood he wore. The arrowhead gleamed silver in the moon's veil of light, and the arrow whistled as it flew through the air, successfully and neatly piercing through the back of the last Bokoblin's head. Almost silently, the monster slipped off its horse, landing on its back as its horse galloped away to freedom.

...Five.

Lowering his bow, the male ran a tongue along his top teeth, hooking the weapon on his back. His clothes ruffled in the wind, and the moonlight casts an eerie shadow of him on the ground. He shifted from his perch on top of the mountain, his hidden gaze sharper than his arrows as he surveyed the plains below him.

Nothing seemed to catch his interest, and he released a silent breath that almost sounded disappointed. He turned, gazing down at the sleeping village below him. No one roamed the streets, the only awake creature being the stoic figure that stood in front of the stairway, his hand resting over the blade on his hip.

The ageing man's eyes flicked over to the younger figure standing on the mountain that surrounded the snug village, a flicker of a smile ghosting over his lips. The mysterious figure watching him nodded, and the older nodded back, his eyes focusing back to what's in front of him.

A strong gust of wind blew out of nowhere, blowing down the hood that covered the male's face. His H/C hair swept over his slightly surprised E/C eyes, his S/C skin being illuminated by the moonlight. Quickly grabbing at his hood and pulling it over his eyes again, he jumped down the mountain, using his feet to skid down the steep surface to slow his decent so he doesn't break anything. He landed on the grass in front of a building, the waterfall rushing down the mountain rhythmically, almost like music to the young man's ears.

He pulled open the door, entering his house. He removed his bow and quiver, hooking them on the wall. Stifling a yawn, he dragged himself to his bedroom, starting to undress as he opened the door.

Casting away his clothes, he pulled on a pair of comfy pants and then collapsed on his bed, throwing the blankets over himself.

It's been a long day.

--

It's been an hour, and he can still feel them boring into his back.

Link cast another uncomfortable look around himself, but once again, found no one in the red and yellow trees of Akkala. His grip on his horse's reins tightened, and he forced his eyes back on the road in front of him. The broadsword that sat against his back was reassuring, though he did have an urge to have it drawn.

His pointed ears flicked as they picked up on an animalistic cry, and Link pulled at Epona's reins, thankful that she didn't whinny in surprise as they suddenly stopped.

The boy's eyes narrowed in on a Lizalfos as it greedily chomped away at something. It was still a few paces away from him and hadn't noticed the Hylian. Two other Lizalfos' sat next to the first one, along with four Bokoblins and two Moblins, who seemed to be gathered around a large and dead boar, crowing in happiness at their kill.