Chapter 10

Toothless landed in Berk. I get off of him looking around. Everything's calm. I go to my house. Toothless stayed where he was. I turn to look at him. "Toothless, let's go!" He shakes his head then snorts. I give him a look. "Toothless, now!" He started to snarl. "Toothless!?"

He let out a loud screech leaping into the air only to run through the village tearing everything in his way. "TOOTHLESS NO!" I chase after him as fast as I could. Toothless screeched louder letting plasma blasts go. "NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" 

Villagers run out of their burning houses in panic. Astrid pulls Stormfly out of the shed running away from her burning house. "What in Thor's name is going on here?!"

I look behind me to see dad coming of the house. Toothless screeched again as the fire came in my direction. I run to him lunging into the fire where my dragon was. I jump onto him landing on top of him. He squirmed on his back then calmed. I suddenly notice something in his paw. A thorn! That's why he went crazy.

I pull out the thorn throwing it away. Toothless calmed more looking at me like nothing happened. The fire crew started dousing the flames. "Hiccup?" I look behind me in the fire. They can't know it was me. I get on Toothless quickly flying as fast as I can. "Hiccup!!!" I look ahead to see a mountain peek.

"Toothless over there!"

Toothless lands on the peek. I look over to my village in fear. The fire is gone now. A crowd formed where I left. Dad stood at the head. I can hear their voices. "Where is he?"

"Is he okay?" They're talking about me.

Astrid pushes her way through the crowd to where dad was. "Where's Hiccup?" she asked.

Dad looks away from the spot where I jumped into the fire. He looked upset. Like his heart broke into a million pieces.

"Hiccup is... Dead..." he says. Gasps go all around. What! I'm not dead! "He was killed in the fire, I'm sure trying to save someone," dad adds. "Whoever started this fire will receive future punishment for Hiccup's death."

If I go back they'll figure out it's me and find out that I'm not really dead. But if I leave they'll just think I'm dead and never know who started the fire.

I look to Toothless. He looks at me sadly knowing it's his fault. "It's okay, bud, you were in pain!" I say then get on him. He leaps off the ledge flying in the night. "I guess being 'dead' isn't as bad as being punished for my life," I say to him flying as far away from my home as possible.

--

"Hiccup... Hiccup... Wake up!" I shot up in defence looking around. It's only Elsa. She looked worried. "You were scaring me..." she said to me.

"Me? Why?"

"You looked like you were having some kind of nightmare. Or like you were in pain," she tells me.

I sigh looking down. "It was only a nightmare," I mumble. Elsa looked at me. "Burning down the village is still haunting me, I can't get it out of my mind," I tell her.

"I'm sure you will. That's the past. It'll go away soon." Elsa says to me. I smile faintly.

"That helps a little." She smiles again. 

"Well, I'm going back to bed then." she yawns then leaves the room. I lay back down staring at the ceiling. What if they do find me? What will they do? Kill me for burning my village down? I shake the fear out of my head closing my eyes letting myself fall asleep again.