Chapter 3- Suprise Party

I get home at 6:00 to get ready. After taking a shower I put on my black dress and converse. I can't say I like heels that much. Plus this is supposed to be a surprise party, So I do have to look somewhat casual.

I have a surprise party every three years. It's to predictable. Except this time it's with my pack. In the past I've had small home surprises with Katie, Jake, David, Ben, and my parents. That's pretty much it.

I decide to leave my hair down how it is, my loose curls are a pain to straighten so why bother. I look through my open window to see Jake in his room putting a nice shirt on over his toned abs.

I've had a teeny tiny crush on him for the past 11 years, in other words since I've known him. But I know he doesn't feel the same way about me.

I pull away from my window and purposely make a loud noise my throwing my shoe super hard at the back of my door so he'll notice me. What? I'm desperate. Sew me.

It works because in less than 30 seconds I hear a nock on my window. Smiling to my self I put on a straight face and turn around to see him waiting for me to let him in. He's holding up a black tie to go over his white shirt.

I smile and open the window for him. Our houses are so close to one another that you could just jump from one to another no problem. Jake steps into my room.

"Hey Ry, you look beautiful." He says.

"Thanks. Let me guess you need help with your tie again."

"You know it." I laugh and grab his tie from him. He can't tie one for his life. I do it for him. He stares at me with a smile the whole time while I fix it. When I'm done he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Thanks Ry."

"Yup."

"I hope you have a good time tonight."

"Thanks, so whats the theme for the party?"

"There's no real theme per say by they did say to dress nice."

"Well you do look nice."

"Thanks, that was what I was going for." I laugh and pull away.
He checks his watch. "I should be going now but I'll see you there."

"Bye Jake."

"Bye Ry." And then he's out the window and back in his room. I close my window and head out downstairs.

"Ready Rya- Woah-What are you wearing?" my dad asks.

"Dad it's a dress."

"That is ruffly a peace of cloth stuck tightly onto you, your not wearing that!"

"Dad I have another dress but it only goes down to here." I demonstrate by pointing to the area on my thigh right below my crotch area.

"Can't you wear um I don't know a skirt and a nice shirt."

"I don't own a skirt. Let's go."

"Fine but we are going shopping this weekend just the two of us."

"Do you really want to?"

"No but let's just go already."

·····

"Surprise!!" I hear as I walk in the door to the pack house. Putting on my best surprised face I walk in and hug a few pack and family members. "You guys totally got me, I never saw this coming." I manage to say.

"Your such a liar but we love you anyway." David says pulling me into a big hug. Ben pulls him off me and then goes in for his hug.

"Happy birthday Ryan." He whispers.