SCENE I.

SCENE 1 - A MONTAGE OF FIRST GREETINGS

VINCENT MILSON

MONDAY had come crashing right into Vincent Milson's shoulders. It was 5:37 a.m and there he stood, bags under his eyes and paint scattered over his hardwood floors. There was a canvas painted in different tones of blue, resembling the ocean as rays of sunlight bounced off the deep blue waters. The painting was peaceful and delicate and resembled exactly what the definition of serendipity stands for.

He hated it.

Bland was the only word he could use to describe the painting. It had been hours since he first started working on the deep blue waters. And with every passing second, he just hated it more. The shading was wrong, the perspective was wrong, everything was wrong.

So, he did the only thing that his sleep deprived self could think of, he punched the wall. Multiple times.

And with a last exasperated sigh he thrusted himself onto his sofa, too tired to go all the way to his room. He closed his eyes, giving one last glance at his living room and at the monstrosity of a painting he had created. He was slowly falling asleep, into deep slumber.

He readjusted his position on the sofa, knocking off a couple of empty cans he would normally use to clean his brushes with. They made a clanking sound that echoed throughout his apartment. The rattling noise only woke him up slightly, but he decided that picking up the cans would be a problem for later. So he closed his eyes yet again and sighed as he felt himself relax.

He was fully asleep until a loud knock was heard from his door. He chose to ignore it, keeping his eyes closed and refusing to open them.

The knocking started again, angry pounding was heard from the other side of the door and Vincent had no other choice but to get up and open the door in order to stop that damn knocking.

"What?" He asked, quite irritated as he looked at the girl that stood with arms crossed and furrowed brows.

"Look dude, I don't know what your deal is, but if you could please stop punching the wall me, my sleep, and my grades would deeply appreciate it." Her voice was quite raspy and groggy, it looked like she had just woken up.

"I'm sorry." He answered monotonously before trying to close the door shut so he could go back to sleep.

She prevented him from doing so, "Look, you've been really noisy throughout the month, I thought you would shut up since you haven't been this noisy for the last six months. But please, I need to sleep in peace."

She looked at him, bags under her eyes and breathed out as she expected an answer to leave his lips. Vincent looked down at the floor, embarrassment in his eyes and nodded softly.

"Sorry, it won't happen again." His voice was raspy like her's, both wore bags under their eyes, and they both had the same frown upon their face.

They resembled each other in more ways than one, but Vincent's lips were chapped, unlike her rosy ones.

She nodded, smiling softly, "You have a little blue on your left cheek." She turned around and walked straight into her apartment, which was the one to the left.

Vincent rubbed his cheek, closing the door behind him as he fell asleep on the couch once again. She was quite cute, bed hair and all.