Chapter 20

Amanda

It's been almost three weeks since Jack and I decided we were dating, and everything's been smooth. We were taking things pretty slow. Jack was also being really sweet, walking me to classes, spending time with me and sometimes even helping me with homework.

We were walking down the hall towards my History class, his arm around my shoulders and my own around my books. When we arrived to the door, he let go of me and told me he would see me at lunch. I nodded and entered the classroom. I sank into my seat next to Noah and sighed.

"How is it going?" he asked. I haven't really talked to Noah, not since I started dating Jack. We kind of stopped talking after school, because Jack would usually offer to take me home if Tyler didn't show up.

"Life's great," I said, "What about you?"

"Good," he replied, "Have you slept in school yet?" I rolled my eyes.

"No," I said, "Luckily, Jack is saving me from that."

"Do you think that Mr. Smith will have the tests?" he suddenly asked, "He always is ages to correct tests or assignments."

"I think he does have them," I stated. Mr. Monkey Face was standing with a pile of papers in his hand, looking expectantly at the class to calm down and shut up. When the classroom was in complete silence, Mr. Monkey spoke.

"I have your tests," he said, "And I must say that I am proud of your results, except for a few here and there." He raised his eyebrows at that and I could see from the corner of my eye, Noah tense as he heard that some had failed.

Mr. Monkey Looks then started walking around the classroom and handing the tests, disappointment and excitement in the other students told you what grade they had received.

"Taylors," Mr. Smith Monkey suddenly said as he held out my test, "Good job." The front page with my grade was upside down, so I turned it around to find a huge B+ written in red inside a red circle.

"Yes!" I said and punched the air, "I passed!"

"Congrats," Noah said, "Now pray for me." Soon enough, Monkey handed Noah his test, upside down like mine. He just looked at the back of the paper intently.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked after a few moments, "Turn it around and find out your grade."

"I'm too nervous," he said.

"What?" I said, "The Noah Brown nervous? Are you feeling okay?"

"Whatever," he replied. He took a deep breath and turned the page around before holding it in front of his face, making me unable to see the grade.

"I got an A!" Noah exclaimed.

"That's great!" I said. We high fived each other and laughed.

After my morning classes ended, I was putting away my books inside my locker before lunch. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, so I turned around and found Aubrey???

"Hi!" she said. Aubrey was wearing our school's cheerleading uniform, her blonde hair tied into a tight ponytail.

"Hey...?" She looked me up and down before plastering a huge, fake smile on her face.

"You are a friend of Noah's, right?" she asked with an icy tone, and before I could answer she was talking again, "Could you tell him to reply to my texts? Apparently he's been busy or something like that and I'm never able to see him." She looked me up and down again with a disgusted face.

"Um..."

"Just let him know," she said, "I knew I could count on you. It was nice talking to you! Not. Bye!"