Chapter 35 - The Honeymoon

I woke up the next morning with my head on Tom's chest and was reminded of the time we first spent the night together and we woke up in the same position. I looked over to the door where my dress was zipped back up in its bag and hug on the back of the door - despite our haste to 'seal the deal' we obviously wanted to take care with that - and memories of yesterday came rushing back into my head. It really had been the best day of my life. Now I got to head off to Greece with my new husband for our honeymoon...bum. 8:30am - our plane left in three hours and we hadn't even packed! We were meant to be up two hours ago!!

Tom and I rushed around the bedroom throwing stuff into suitcases, barely speaking a word as we thought about what we were packing. Not quite how I'd imagined the morning after my wedding to be, but at least we weren't already discussing a divorce. It took us half an hour to pack (record time for us) but I was sure that we'd probably either overpacked or under packed. I decided that actually it would be best to take everything out and check it before packing it again. Tom didn't agree obviously - he wanted to get to the airport in plenty of time - but I was such a control freak he didn't have much say in the matter. Instead he did a checklist for me (one I'd made up in about thirty seconds) while I folded each item of clothing before putting it neatly into the suitcase. We bundled our stuff into the car, speeded down the road, honked at every red traffic light and yelled at every slow driver until we were eventually at the airport.

"Flight 344 to Zante, Greece, now boarding". Tom and I looked at each other with panicked expressions ok our faces - we hadn't even been through security yet!

I could see the slight guilt in Tom's eyes as we ran through the airport and past every fan hopefully wishing for a photo or an autograph. I felt guilty too - I was after all the one who made us stop and repack. However there was no time for guilt or anything like that as we made it through our own private security checks and made it onto the plane just minutes before it took off. Phew. Maybe on the way back we'd set alarms...