Chapter 1

In the jungle of India, there is a village. There the humans live happily in peace and tranquility. The humans in the village go on with their everyday lives, and happy to live in a quiet place. Among the villagers are three children who already leaves the village, and venture into the jungle.

In the jungle where the large leaves, bird crying, and crickets chirping, the three are walking in the jungle. A boy who is raised in the jungle name Mowgli. And his friends from the village, a girl name Shanti, and a small boy name Ranjan. They are meeting their friends who lives in the jungle.

"How much longer?" Ranjan asks.

"Not much longer. We're almost to the ruin," Mowgli answers.

"Are you sure? We have been walking for a while. I just hope we won't ran into scary animals," Shanti asks in concern.

"I thought you got used to being in the jungle," Mowgli replies.

"I am. I was just a little worried about Shere Khan might be around, and..." Shanti answer, but stops as she turns away.

Mowgli stops and turn around to see the scared look on her face.

"Shanti, is there something wrong? Mowgli asks.

"It's nothing. Just, um, a little distracted that all," Shanti answers.

"Okay," Mowgli replies, not fully sure about his friend's answer.

But the three continue on their way to where they need to go. Unknown to the three friends, there is a large scaly body in the trees. The owner of the body hears the three and decides to follow them.

Sometime later, Mowgli and the others arrive at the ruins and are having a fun time. Mowgli, Ranjan, And Baloo the bear are having fun singing and dancing, and having fun with the other animals while Shanti and Bagheera the panther are sitting on some of the stones close by.

Shanti feels relaxed to be sitting down and feel the jungle breeze, but feels a bit uneasy about something. Whatever it is, she's having trouble enjoying her day with her friends.

Bagheera notices Shanti's concern, and asks, "Shanti, are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

"Oh, it's nothing... It's just, well. Something is making me feel uneasy, like something is watching us," Shanti nervously answers.

Shanti sighs, and admits, "The truth is... Something happened when I went into the jungle to find Mowgli. I hadn't told him yet, but my memories was so fuzzy that I... I can't fully remember."

Shanti stops as she holds her head, trying hard to remember.

"Are you alright?" Bagheera ask.

"I'm sorry, my memory was blurry at some parts, but... I remember I ran into a snake in the jungle. And the last thing I remember was staring into his eyes, and suddenly... I felt relaxed and my memory went blank. The next thing I knew, Ranjan was hitting him with a stick," Shanti explains, feeling like her head is hurting.

Shanti gets up, and says, "I... I think I'll get a drink okay."

"Alright," Bagheera replies.

Shanti walks away as Bagheera watch her leave the ruin.

Bagheera sighs, and says to himself, "I think this is something Mowgli should know. Mowgli had encounters with him before, and it looks like Shanti could have another talk to her about it."

Shanti walks out of the entrance to the ruin, and walks down the stairs. After a few minutes of walking, Shanti is able to reach the river so she can get a drink, and be alone. She cuffs her hands together to make a cup, and catch the water. Then drinks the water she gather. After that, Shanti wonders if she should return to the others, but decides to give her some more time to herself.