2: Yume

It was hot, unbearably hot. All of the suns rays had decided to ban together and bundle themselves into a single moving force to strike down upon Bakugo's home and seep the suns aggravating heat waves into the only place he found any semblance of peace.

"Fucking stupid whore piece of shit," Bakugo grumbled, taking his shirt and shorts off and proceeding to soak his head in water."Go die. Go die. Go die."

He laid back on the floor of his shitty apartment for a total of two seconds before getting back up again, feet stomping over to the empty right wall of his room.

He kicked it a few times, yelling,"Get the fuck over here you pea-brained idiot and make yourself useful!"

A simple, solid knock was all he got back and so he waited. Not seconds later Todoroki entered, wearing a thin shirt and boxers. "Hello, Bakugo."

"Get the hell in here and cool this place off," Bakugo growled back, going back to lying on the floor spread out like a star fish.

"Okay," Todoroki responded and the room suddenly got two degrees cooler. Bakugo could feel it.

Todoroki discarded his top in the heap of clothes Bakugo had made, moving and lying down next to Bakugo straight as a log. As he continued to use his quirk, the floor suddenly got cooler and soon the whole room was becoming a bit more bearable.

The pair laid like that, half-dead and physically unable to move even if they wanted to. They drifted in and out, not fully aware of the time and not caring a single bit. It could've been a minute or a whole day and they wouldn't of given a single fuck.

Was this supposed to be how they ended up? Was this fates final decree? No, it wasn't supposed to end up like this.

"Bakugo," Todoroki started, slicing through the relaxing calm they had created.

"What?" Bakugo responded, only half awake.

"I want to be a hero."

A pause.

"Tough shit."

No "me to". No "I'm sorry". No "everything's gonna work out, don't worry".

No, this was reality.

===

Todoroki stared at the letter, not believing the contents that lied inside. It had been five long years of nothing. Five long years of wasting away and being blown around like a paper bag.

He didn't want his families money, but he had no choice but to become a leech, the very thing he hated. A part-time job could only get one so far, but a real job meant real money and real freedom.

Todoroki wanted freedom away from a life of lies and hate filled past. This might just be his big break. He could see his future brightening already.

He waited outside Bakugo's door for the shrewd man to come home, bouncing with nerves. He knew he was early and ended up waiting a hour for him but he couldn't help it.

This was change.

"Move," was all Bakugo said, edging past Todoroki to get into his apartment.

Todoroki let him through and followed in after him.

"I got a job, Bakugo," Todoroki said, watching as Bakugo took off his suit coat.

"Yeah, no shit," Bakugo grumbled."Wouldn't be here if ya didn't."

"No, I mean a real job," Todoroki pushed."One at a company." He held the paper in front of Bakugo, trying to show him.

Bakugo paused, slowly turning back to face Todoroki with wide, disbelieving eyes."Let me see." He snatched the paper, gripping it so tight it strained and almost ripped.

Bakugo read through it, his grip getting rougher and rougher as eyes grew increasingly hard. He then looked up at Todoroki who offered him an inquisitive stare.

He looked back down and proceeded to rip the paper into shreds. Each tear grew harder, filled with more built up emotion than the last until the whole letter was completely unreadable and falling onto the floor like snowflakes.

He glared at Todoroki."You were made to be a hero. You cant do anything else."

You're worthless.

Todoroki's hands grew into fists and he choked out his next words."I'm sorry."

"Shut up," Bakugo growled back, going into the bathroom and slamming the door behind him.

===

The laundromat.

Thats where they washed their clothes and also spent an uncanny amount of their free time. Because, while they might live like animals, they sure as hell weren't pigs. At least, Bakugo didn't see himself as a pig. He saw his boss and his bosses boss and all those people living up in their high tower as pigs.

He was a dirty dog looking for scraps in a dump and Todoroki was the mouse following behind him picking up his leftovers.

Though Todoroki certainly gave more than he received and was now putting coins in the machine Bakugo put his laundry in, starting it up for him as Bakugo sat on one of the few benches in the joint taking calls.

Idiots, every last one of them. Bakugo refused to acknowledge their existence past one minute.

"It's just a couple yen. C'mon..."

"I-I don't..."

Bakugo and Todoroki looked over at the same time, catching two women talking to one another on the other side of the laundromat. Talking was putting it lightly, one of the women seemed to be pushing herself onto the other in what could only be seen as a threatening manner.

"It's just a couple coins, right?" The women pushed further, making the other visibly uncomfortable."C'mon, help me out. I needa eat, ya know?"

Bakugo was pissed.

Todoroki said he wanted to be a hero, right? So why wasn't he doing anything? This was clearly a situation in need of a hero, so why was he just standing there and watching with those dull eyes of his? Why wasn't he taking action and saving the day? Did Bakugo have to show him even how to do that?

He wanted Todoroki to die one thousand times over.

"Oi!" he shouted, and Todoroki just kept watching."Cut it out! She clearly doesn't have any money to give you, so fuck off!"

The women turned to him, and Bakugo could feel his irritation grow just by the bratty stare she was giving him."Mind your own business, and don't try and speak for her...unless you have something to give me?"

"Fuck off!" Bakugo growled back."I'm at a goddamn laundromat at midnight in one of the shittiest neighborhoods in the city! I don't got jack shit and you know it, bitch!"

The women's eyes narrowed."Well, let's just see if that's true..." From her hand came a glowing purple whip, made up completely of some type of energy.

She snapped it at Bakugo, but he was already a step ahead of her, sliding over the various washing machines to get close to her and then sending a single damaging punch to her stomach, following through with a full throttle blast to the face which charred the walls behind her.

She fell to the floor in a heap of ash, body twitching slightly as a sign she was still alive. The other women trembled before him, and Todoroki came rushing over like he actually gave a fuck.

"Bakugo, your leg!"

"Is fine," he snapped back harshly, getting up and brushing himself off. Todoroki still looked wary.

Bakugo turned to the women who startled at his gaze."Call the police once we leave. We weren't here, a vigilante did it. Understood?"

She nodded and Bakugo's phone rang.

The rest of the stay at the laundromat remained tense and unforgiving.