After another diaper change and another feeding, Sebastian started his day. He checked on James as he lay on the flat of his back, squeezing the tail of the stuffed tiger-cat in his tiny fist, trying to suck on it. He showered quickly and dressed in a pair of jeans and a collared shirt. He checked on his son again to find that his eyes were closed and he sat on the edge of the bed and slipped into his pair of dock-siders. He checked the time on his watch and saw that it was after eleven...he'd slept the morning away...He knew that there would be hell to pay...no one slept that late in the day unless they were ill. Ever. He quickly made his bed and moved to leave the room only to stop and turn around...he had nearly forgot James and he sighed heavily, quietly cursing at himself...but it felt good to sleep.

Picking up his son, he carried him down the stairs to the dining room and crossed a proximity line into the large wood paneled room. He eyed up the second bassinet that had been conveniently placed next to a chair at the head of the table and laid the boy down and sat in his chair, as a member of the kitchen's house staff warmly greeted him.

"Good morning Sir! Rest well?"

"Honestly, I don't know yet. My apologies for the time..."

"Ah, no worries Sir. You're no longer on a normal schedule. You're on his..." The older man peered in on James. "He's a fine lad Sir. Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"What can I fetch for you this morning?"

"Coffee."

"Is that all, Sir?"

"Coffee and a full, traditional, English breakfast...only kindly scramble the eggs please?"

"Sir?"

He nodded. "Yes. Light and fluffy...please?"

"I'll do my best, Sir."

The man excused himself and Sebastian watched his mother enter the dining room. She rounded the table and kissed her son on his cheek and looked in on James. She seemed to make it a point to greet her son first and not the child, which he found odd...he thought everyone would want to see the baby first and he wondered if his father had something to do with that.

"And how was your first night as a new father? How did you sleep?"

"I don't think I really fell asleep at all. I think I heard every single noise in this old house. We have mice, by the way."

"Oh. Lovely." She smiled at the man who had already prepared a tea service for her along with a single poached egg on dry toast.

"I think I'll visit the animal shelter and pick up a kitten. I don't want mice climbing up to sleep with my son."

"I think that's a lovely idea," she replied. "This house could use a few cats actually."

"Mum? I don't have another bottle for James. What am I supposed to feed him?"

"There is a case of baby formula in the kitchen. I've asked that they prepare several bottle's worth for you."

Sebastian nodded as he yawned and watched the man pour hot fresh coffee into a large mug for him.

"Any thoughts as to what you'd like to do today?"

"Besides sleep?"

Beverly chuckled. She relayed to him that she was going to take her father out back into the garden for lunch. The roses were blooming quite nicely and their fragrance was heavenly...her father would certainly appreciate that. She relayed that he was looking forward to visiting with his grandson and great-grandson. She also told him that she had taken the liberty of ordering a pram from the local mundane department store and that it was supposed to be delivered within the hour. She gazed upon her son and smiled...the circles were already beginning to form under his eyes as he stared into his coffee.