Chapter 7 ~ Powers

Okay.. I think I'm going to try a schedule for this book. How about every Tuesday? Sound good? This will start next week on December 11th, 2018

I was going to update yesterday, December 4th, 2018 but I had a lot of stuff to do and didn't have time.

~Rainbow Steve's POV~

I continue to follow Yellow Steve until we get to a different forest, one with more color and not as dark as the one before. We passed me and Sabre's temporary house, as well as where Sabre defeated Memory Steve. I look at the ground at that area, and see come of the grass still has some sticky blood on it.

I shutter from seeing it, and some of the memories come back from the fight. Memory Steve had almost defeated me, but he didn't. He put me in a lot of pain, that felt like I was going to die; but I'm alive. I'm here, breathing, moving, talking; I'm alive and happy about it. (How does that feel, Rainbow Steve?)

Each step I take, each wince in pain, each inhale of air and each exhale of air; proves I am alive. The pain I am feeling shows I am alive. ("I think, therefor, I am" ~René Descartes) I keep walking, following the faded Yellow Steve, the former Yellow Steve I knew and cared about. Blue Steve and Sabre aren't far behind me in this walk, when I am going slow where they both could catch up to me easily.

Suddenly I feel like the air has been removed from my lungs, and I sit down. I cough and Blue Steve and Sabre both rush to my side then. Even when Blue Steve doesn't even remember me; his caring, compassionate old self shows through. He doesn't need to know who you are, he will still care about you and help you until the end.

Like he did for me.

Except for he knew me, he cared about me, I cared about him, heck; he was my best friend. Yet I let him get defeated, I let him die due to Nightmare Steve and Dark Steve. If only I didn't let him leave me back then...

I continue to cough and Blue Steve just rubs his hand in circles around my back. Sabre is rubbing my hand and soon my coughing for ends, and Yellow Steve eventually realizes we weren't behind him anymore.

He walks back to us by the time I stand up and take the last sip of my bottle of water, and Sabre takes the bottle. He stuffs it into the bag and then pulls out a full bottle of water; offering it to me.

My hands were full last time I had a bottle, because I also have the blue artifact, so I decline.

Sabre sighs and then puts the water back in the bag, and we all keep walking. The pain in my chest isn't as bad when I hold the artifact, but it still doesn't take the pain away completely.

We've seem to have been walking forever, none stop, and nothing seems to come into view. That's when I see a desert. Great, a dry, sandy land. Water is my main power, so going into deserts isn't the best for me. I doubt it is good for Blue Steve either, even without him remembering things and with him not having his powers.

Does he have his powers? He didn't back before I lost him. Maybe he got them back now?

"Hey Blue Steve! Can you try to fly?" I ask out of the blue. (Be proud of the pun) Sabre just looks at me as if I were offending Blue Steve, but Blue Steve doesn't seem to mind.

He tries jumping a few times, but not getting any results. He jumps last time, and he hovers for a bit. "Woah, that's great!" I say and Blue Steve just looks confused. "Wait, what? How am I flying?" He asks and then he must've lost concentration, because he falls to the ground. Sabre runs over to Blue Steve's side, but he doesn't really seem fazed from the fall.

"Wait, Rainbow Steve, can you fly?" Sabre asks me, probably because I a small bit of them before the fight. I still can't believe that we let Elemental Steve get my powers a while back, then he took what little of my energy I had left in myself. Now all my powers are gone, and that energy I lost is destroyed! How did I not realize that until now?!

"I don't really know.. I also don't want to try to fly because it already just hurts to move," I say and Sabre nods slowly. "Can you at least try to summon lightning?" He asks and I give in, what's the worst that could happen?

I pull out the lightning summoner and aim towards a large sand hill. I use the summoner a few times, and lightning strikes the hill. "I did it!," I explain and Sabre and Blue Steve both hug me. Yellow Steve hasn't turned around in a while, but he's stopped and waited for us. But now that I made lightning strike the sand hill he bolts off towards that area, leaving us in the dust. Literally.

When he runs it sends sand flying in the air and me and Blue Steve both take off running towards Yellow Steve, and Sabre runs behind us; yelling for us to stop. I don't pay any mind to it, and keep running. I ignore my bodies screaming pain, telling me to stop, I got to see where Yellow Steve is going.

I run behind him, not that close because his powers still work for him.

When I reach the sand hill, I see Yellow Steve looking at the ground. He punches it a few times, and eventually it breaks. A ladder leads down to a area, made of stone? He climbs down it swiftly and me, Blue Steve, and Sabre follow.

I wince a few times as I climb down the ladder, before I eventually reach solid ground and not just wooden poles. Blue Steve emerges from that area, and not long after Sabre as well. Turning around, I see Yellow Steve kneeling down near something on the ground. When I see it, I see some purple. Wait, what??

Why does it look like pant legs? I walk closer and then see someone who seems to be a Purple Steve, on the ground, seeming unconscious.

"Yellow Steve? Who is this?" I say as I feel like I know them.

"This is Purple Steve, the one you met a while back.."

~~~

I tried to make it also tie into Origins' last few videos I saw, where Blue Steve left and didn't die. I don't care that that's different from what I have already written, I'm too dang lazy to change the story. Not to mention, I like how this is coming so far.

This chapter is kinda short, but I'm done making my chapters around 1k words every time. It takes too long and too much stress.