💋𝟏𝟔.

"Needed me. . ."
-Rihanna💋

Chapter 16:

Ariel

Ring, ring! Ring, ring!

The shrill sound of Ariel's cell phone woke her up out of her peaceful sleep. She could hear the calmness of the rain lightly hitting against the window pain, as thunder rumbled in the grey sky.

She rubbed her eyes, trying to adjust her sight to the dim light peeking through the blinds.

Shifting slightly in the bed, Ariel felt a gentle squeeze around her waist which caused her to look down. She was wrapped tightly in August's tattooed arms, with his face snuggled deep in the back of her head.

She glanced at her digital alarm clock, which read 7:42 a.m. She groggily reached for her phone, but August immediately tightened his grip around her waist pulling her back into him.

She smiled to herself, noticing how he didn't want to let her go as he remained sleep, and it made her feel safe and secure.

Ring, ring! Ring, ring!

Ariel reached for her phone again and this time succeeded, as she glanced at the screen seeing that it was Jarod calling.

"Shit," She whispered.

Ariel looked over her shoulder seeing that August was still sleeping, and slowly eased his arm from around her body as she sat up sliding her legs off the edge of the bed.

He let out a slight groan, as he reluctantly rolled over on his side. Ariel sighed deeply running her fingers through her hair, as she quietly walked out of the bedroom silencing the volume on her phone.

Exiting the apartment, she stepped out into the isolated hallway of the building gently closing the door behind herself. She leaned against the wall, staring at the incoming call contemplating on whether or not to answer.

She hadn't spoken to Jarod since their physical altercation, and she wasn't interested in hearing what he needed to say. They were officially over as far as she was concerned. August had her heart now, and she was proud to say that she has finally moved on.

Ariel would always have love for Jarod because of their long history, but their relationship saga had unfortunately come to an end in her book. After a third call popped up across the screen of her cell phone, she sighed deeply finally deciding to answer it.

Fuck it.

"Hello?" She answered rolling her eyes.

"Yo' Ariel I really need to talk to you, please," Jarod stated with urgency.

She sucked her teeth, "About what Jarod? We're over,"

"Look I know 'dat aight," he replied aggressively before sighing deeply. "I just really need yo' help right now, please,"