Chapter Five

A/N for this chapter, pretend her bedroom is on the side of the house and out of view so it makes more sense. Thanks, Loves xx

Chapter Five: Hey there, Juliet

When we got home my mom practically put me on house arrest. She said I was a "flight risk" so she locked my door and took away my phone. She left my laptop for school purposes only. She heard none of my complaints and only contacted me when she unlocked my door to slide food onto my desk and then leave. My mother was trying to isolate me, "torture" the truth out of me. I had told her Cheryl decided we were going to stay at Veronica's last night and in the moment, I had forgotten to tell my mom. I said Cheryl had dropped me off at Pop's this morning and my friend, Jughead Jones-Lodge has slid into my booth to talk about a project we were working on. She obviously didn't believe me and contacted Cheryl who, of course, covered for me. Nevertheless, I was in the situation I was in.

It was noon when my mom decided she was going to leave me by myself for an hour or two to go shopping. I was given the landline to use in case of emergency. The landline. That thing was practically prehistoric and could only call people. After about fifteen minutes of me staring at the ceiling and counting how many time the fan spun around each time, I heard a loud crash outside my window. I darted up from my bed and grabbed the phone.

Oh my god I'm going to die. Someone's breaking in. Save me.

I heard the sound of footsteps on metal getting louder and closer to my window and started breathing heavily.

I'm going to die. Tell my mom she wasn't completely awful at times. That was a lie but don't tell her.

There was a knock that caused me to pause. So either there was a polite robber at my window or someone deliberately was here to see me.

I took my chances and crossed my room. Opening my curtains, I saw the one and only Jughead Jones in all his glory. I laughed and pulled open the window.

"Jug?"

"Hey there Juliet. Nurse off duty?" He said, pulling his beanie down farther onto his head. A piece of his curly hair fell onto his face and I felt the need to brush it off.

Woah.

I laughed at his joke and stepped back so he could come in. He looked slightly surprised but he climbed in anyways.

"Is there a reason you used a ladder?" I asked. That's the reason I had this room. My parents were afraid of Polly sneaking out to go meet Jason so she got the other room.

"As opposed to what?"

"The tree, idiot." I said with a teasing smile.

He looked towards the tree and blushed slightly. "Oops," he muttered.

"Nice pajamas." He said when he looked at me, effectively changing the subject. My face went red. I was currently wearing a Spongebob Squarepants pajama top and short plaid shorts.

"Ha-ha." I said, my mouth dry from embarrassment. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed some clothes.

"Turn around would ya'?" I asked, holding my clothes up for context.

He shot me a confused look and said, "Is the bathroom broken or...?"

"I'm grounded."

He still looked confused so I added, "and on house arrest. Well, technically I'm on room arrest."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time.

"What are you sorry for?" We said again.

"You first,"He said, his ears red.

"For what my mom said. She doesn't really have a filter."

"You have nothing to apologize for Betts," he said, lifting his hand to caress my face. "We can't control our parents." He added.

"I know but what she said was not only wrong but very rude and uncalled for. She seems to think you're going to have sex with me." I said with a laugh.

His eyebrows shot up and he chuckled, leaning in close to my ear. "Maybe later Betts."

I pushed him back and nervously tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Whatever Loverboy."

"I am sorry you know."

"For what, Juggie?"

"It's my fault you got into trouble. I knew your mom didn't want you out," he started, but saw my confused look, "you told me last night when you were half asleep."

"Oh god, did I say anything else?"

Sleepy Betty is basically Drunk Betty — zero filter.

"Just talked about my ruggish and handsome looks." He smirked.

"Oh my god." I said, putting my head into my hands.

"I'm kidding Betts," he said shooting me a look. "Is that something you think you would say?"

"What? Um.. no! I wouldn't!"

"So I'm not handsome?"

"That's not what I- I mean, maybe to some. But, definitely not!" I said turning around to hide my blushing face.

"Hey," Jughead said putting his hand on my shoulder. He turned me back around. "Don't hide your face. Your blush is cute."

I blushed even more, if humanly possible. Looking down, I bit my lip.

Why does my heart feel the way it does. I feel like I'm high or something. What is wrong with me?

He put his index finger to my chin and gently pulled my head to face his.

"Um.. Betts. I-" He cleared his throat.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, surprising myself.

His face showed surprise and I immediately knew I did something wrong.

"I mean- wait. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." I said, pulling my head away.

He put his hands to my cheeks and gently moved his face closer.

"You never have to ask." He said, pulling my lips to his.