Sweet Dreams TN

/1711 words/

A = Alex

Y = You

[texting] December 29th

a: So what's your plans for new years?

y: sleeping probably

a: nooo babe that's not happening

y: why not?

a: you said something about a hill that you and your friend use to go to look at fireworks

y: we've only been like three times and as you know I wasn't even there last year

a: Make it four then so you don't get left out of the tradition

y: its gonna feel weird tho

a: babe I know it wont be like last year and I'm as bummed about it as you but I promise I'll make it up for you, ok?

y: no alex its fine it's not your fault it's just i don't think it'll do me any good spending time with people who can kiss their boyfriends and girlfriends at 00:00 while I can't even tell them about you..

a: I know it's shit and I'm seriously seriously sorry

y: no like literally you don't need to be sorry, I get it 100% but it still sucks you know

a: yeah, still sucks:(

y: so what'll you be up to?

a: ugh don't even... obnoxious event party thing where you have to behave

y: weren't you gonna perform with miles at midnight?

a: yeah but thats at ten, after that

y: oh. well, tell harry styles and mick jagger and whoever the fuck that I said hi

a: hahahaha those are your celeb crushes?

y: ugh totally, mick's chicken dance makes me so wet

a: shut up

y: at midnight I'm gonna be dreaming about mick and harry and you cant do anything about it back in LA

a: you're going to that hill if it requires me to hire a fucking kidnapper

y: kinky

a:...

y: i'll think about it

a: ❤️

December 31st

Everything was packed; blankets, booze, fireworks and fire crackers. Some kind hearted soul had even popped a pack of condoms in there, just in case. Not that the idea of fucking in a bush on on some hill exited you terribly. And not that you had anyone to fuck there either. Still you were secretly glad that Alex had convinced you to go. It was quite cozy when you and your friends giddily tottered up the hill with candles lighting up the path. The sky was still dark and splattered with stars because it was yet too early for the big firework show. only a few families with small children were setting off fireworks this early.

When you got to the top you found the rest of your friend group setting up the bonfire. Your heart was feeling lighter than you'd been expecting, actually really enjoying yourself despite everything. The thing was, you had met Alex on new years last year in Sheffield. You got along like old friends despite the short time you'd known each other, and at 00:00 he had taken your hand in his while you watched the fireworks together. So no new years kiss, but more of a promise that this was going somewhere. This year you'd hoped to get one, but alas he had a fucking performance in fucking LA at some fucking new years celebration for some fucking late night show. Those kind of things were usually pre-recorded which was what made it even more frustrating that this had to be live. Alex and Miles were gonna play a new song and you thought you knew which one; aviation. It was a great song and you completely understood that it was good publicity and all, but still. It was at 10 pm in LA so that made it midnight in Nashville. As they say, great minds think alike and a lot of your friends were fans of the monkeys and the puppets too, so you had all agreed on watching the performance as it went live.