Chapter 9: Lust or Love

Aubrey has been sending flowers and different gifts. I haven't returned his calls because I'm over it. My brother has been staying here with me so I'm not lonely. I can't with Dawn and Aubrey. He talks about how he misses me so much, but he is all over the media being spotted in different places with Dawn. She stayed out of the lime light for awhile so that she could heal cause I gave that bitch a good beating. I heard she still has a couple of scars you could see when she is not wearing makeup.

       I been going on a few dates with the actor Omari Hardwick he is on that show Power on Starz and he was in the movie Sparkle. Chrissy introduced me to him because we had did a photo shoot for Vampire Life that's Jim Jones clothing line. I did a spread for Lady Vamp Chrissy is in charge of that.

        My brother Shadd has been in and out of meetings for his colon coming out and his clothing line. It's called HardHitterz he named it after his promotion company HardHitterz Promotions. He turning himself into a brand and I am so proud of him. If my mother could only see us now maybe she would take back all the things she said to us.

       I was just laying around when I got a text from Omari.

Messages:
Omari: hey wonderful Wus up
Me: nuthin being lazy for the day
Omari: im on the set was thinking about you
Me: really well maybe when I come back from Jamaica next week we can chill
Omari: ok im down with that later beautiful
Me: later

He was so sweet but I really don't know where this was going to go. I was trying to take a nap when my phone started ringing. I didn't even look to see who it was I just picked up.
Conversation:
Me: "hello"
Aubrey: "Des I really need to talk to you"

He sounded like he was drunk and I couldn't do this today.
Aubrey: "Des are you there"
Me: "Yes Aubrey what do you want I asked you to leave me alone"
Aubrey: "So are you sleeping with him or not"

I knew he was talking about Omari because the media had a couple of  pictures of us in different magazines from dates we went on.
Me: "If I am that's none of your business. I'm not with you anymore and my personal life is not up for discussion"
Aubrey:"You told me that was my pussy and you wouldn't give it to anyone but me"
Me:" Aren't you still fucking Dawn so Aubrey please stop calling me. Let it go"

    I hung up no longer interested in having this conversation with him. He was crazy to think I would sleep with him when he is all over the place with Dawn. I can't with him anymore. I put my phone on vibrate and closed my eyes.

Two Hours Later

     I heard someone banging on my door like the damn police. I thought maybe Shadd left his key so I opened the door and there stood Aubrey. His eyes were blood shot red and you could smell the alcohol on him. How the hell did he drive over here like that? He walked in and went straight to the couch.

          "No no no you gotta go cause I have a flight in a few hours." I told him sitting on the chair across from him. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. "You going to meet that fucking nigga I been seeing you with?" he slurred. "Aubrey why does it matter to you? For your FYI I'm not meeting him I have a photo shoot." I said to him growing annoyed. Why was he trying to bring me down? He needs to go. "You may not love me anymore but I still love you and to me your still mine. I want you to be my wife. I'm bout to go on tour in London so when I come back can we start over?" He said trying to get things in perspective. I love this man but the truth is we aren't good for each other. "Maybe we can be friends again." I told him holding his hand.

    He moved over to me and kissed me deeply. My body started to tingle and I wanted him badly. He was taking my shirt off kissing my body in all the right places. He carried me to my bedroom and before I could protest we were making love. I don't know if this is love or lust but I can't deny the feeling I get when I am with him. I am going to regret this later but I'm going to enjoy it for the moment.