Chapter Two

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Two

XXXXXXXXXX

When they stopped at the hotel, Camila had to sneak the kids in without Marley's help.

Settling them down in the room, Camila looks at Marley. "We'll be gone in the morning, unless you change your mind."

Marley didn't respond. She didn't know how to. She didn't know what to say.

Laying down on the bed, Camila takes a deep breath.

She heard Marley leave the room quietly.

She must've fallen asleep because she woken up at two in the morning by Marley shaking her shoulder.

"Hmm?" Camila hums, slowly opening her eyes.

Marley continued to shake Camila's shoulders until the older girl opened her eyes fully and looked up at her.

"What is it?" Camila asks, reaching up to rub at her eyes tiredly.

Marley sat back. She pointed to the twins. Both were crying.

Groaning, Camila gets up and lifts both babies before leaving the room.

Marley slumped down on the bed.

"Mommy?" Mason whines out from his bed.

Marley sat up. She ran her fingers through her hair and got up, walking over to her son. "What's up, bud?"

"Up." The little boy mumbles.

"But you're supposed to be sleeping." Marley said, looking at the time on her watch.

Shaking his head, Mason holds his arms up. "Up!"

Marley sighed and lifted him up.

Curling into her, the two year old lays his head on her shoulder. "Sing."

Marley sighed. "Sing you what?"

"Messy." The little boy responds immediately.

Marley sighed and moved over to the bed. She began singing quietly.

Relaxing against her, Mason hums along.

Marley sang until he fell asleep.

Once he's asleep, Marley places him in his bed before looking up as the door opens.

She looked at the door to see Camila before flopping back on the bed.

Laying the twins in the crib, Camila lays back down on the bed, waiting for Marley to say something.

Marley stayed quiet. The younger girl rolled onto her side and curled up, facing away from Camila.

Sighing, Camila rolls onto her side and pulls Marley close. She closed her eyes and it wasn't long before both of them were asleep.

The next morning

Marley frowns as she wakes up to find Camila packing her bags. "You're really leaving?"

"That's what you wanted isn't it?" Camila asks softly, trying not to get upset.

Marley stayed quiet as she watched Camila. She didn't know what she wanted anymore.

Camila put the twins in their stroller and runs a hand through her hair. "I asked Annie to drop us off at the train station."

Marley still didn't say anything.

"We're leaving in a few minutes if you want to say goodbye to the kids." The older girl says, putting Mason in his part of the stroller.

Marley got up off the bed. She ran her fingers through her hair and let out a long breath before moving over to the stroller and wrapping her arms around Mason who was still asleep.