Visiting Dad 2

We entered the cell and Clash ran into his father's arms. I sat down beside Ace and handed him Thunder. "She's looks exactly like you." I told him. "She looks exact like Rouge." Garp said from beside the door. Ace looked up at the mention of his mother's name. "We could name her Rouge instead. She's still only a few months old." I suggested. "No." Ace said.

"She looks more of Thunder than Rouge. Besides, I want her to be adventurous like me. Mother was brave indeed but she didn't do much with her life." Ace elaborated. "Thunder it is then." I smiled. "How's my little man doing? Taking good care of mummy?" Ace asked Clash. "Yes, but miss daddy." He told him reaching out for him. Ace hugged him tightly, and seeing them like made my heart ache. It's like he knows he might never see him again.

"You gotta move on buddy. You're getting older. You gotta get stronger and protect mummy and Thunder when dad's not around." Ace talked to Clash. "Ace, enough. He's only two." I told him placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm just trying to do what I wanted my father to do Meg." He looked into my soul. "I know sweetie but, he's just still too young. Maybe you could write them down and he'll read them later." I handed him a paper and pen.

"Great. That would be perfect I just couldn't find them anywhere since... you know." He made a funny face. "Yeah, you're in a cell I get it." I giggled. "I'll write them down later. Don't worry though I'll make sure they get to you, but right now I wanna enjoy you while you're here." He put them aside and looked at me. Oh that look I thought. That look brought back so many memories.

Heartwarming memories. But then, the dark reality hit. We're no longer the careless kids we were. We're no longer at Dadan's. We have children of our own now to look after. We have responsibilities. And also, we're in a cell. Only a few days to his execution. "Grandpa." My voice cracked. "Come on now kids how about we take a tour around the jail with grandpa Garp? Amma show you all the famous people you should know about." Garp said entering the cell, taking Thunder from us while Clash followed with excitement.

I waited till they were far enough not to hear and then the sobs began. I was just sitting there on the floor in a prison cell crying like a kid beside my beloved husband who is due dying soon. "Woah, look at what you've been holding inside for so long." Ace said embracing me. "You're gonna die!" I cried even harder just at the thought of it.

"Who said anything about that? I'm just being kept in a prison, that's all." He patted my head for comfort. "B-but I heard them talking in the meeting, a-and they s-said... they said they were preparing f-for your execution." I tried to manage between my sobs. "Well don't worry. I'll manage something. I'll sort something out for sure, I always do." He hugged me tighter placing a small peck on my forehead while mumbling comforting words.

I felt the heaviness of Black's heart inside me. She felt what I was feeling. Ace pulled back and looked into my eyes. "Hey, listen." He tried to find my eyes. "I just wanted to tell you tha-" "Megan!" Eugene breathed leaning on the wall for support, cutting Ace off. "Eugene? What are you doing here?" I tried to wipe away my tears. "I had to tell you." He said between his breaths. "But they wouldn't let me in." He continued breathlessly.

"Who wouldn't let you in where? What are you talking about?" I got up and walked to him. "Meg who's that?!" Ace partially growled at me. "This is Eugene, sweetie, he's my best friend. What is it Eugene?" I answered Ace and turned back to Eugene. "The guards, they wouldn't let me in here to tell you. They'll be up my tail now anytime." He kept looking around him.

"Tell me what?!" I snapped. "The execution will take place at navy HQ in 24 hours." He looked me in the eyes with pain. "What?" I breathed. "No. No no no, you're lying! This can't be happening!" I run my fingers through my hair as panic takes hold of me. "Hey hey, listen. We could try to get him outta here even though it would be impossible, but at least we'll try." Eugene tried to make me feel better. "Go." Aces voice echoed in my head.

"What? No. I won't leave you here." I walked back to him. "I can't afford losing you too." I said referring to Sabo and he knew it. "Just go. Pack your stuff, take the kids and get outta there." He ordered me. "What why? I'm not just gonna cower around somewhere watching you die and do nothing about it! I want to be there, I want to fight, so even if you do die maybe then I could say at least I tried." I tried to hold back the tears and muster the toughest voice I had.

"It's not just the execution love, it's gonna get ugly, trust me I won't forgive myself if you end up dying out there before me. Besides, if you're sure I'm gonna die then at least stay alive to raise our kids. You don't want them to go through what we've been through as kids do you?" Ace tried to talk me out of it. "Our childhood was the best. No, I wouldn't mind them going through what we've been through. They're our kids. They'll be fine." I came back at him.

He opened his mouth to protest but then realized what I just said and smiled. "I just want you to be safe that's all." He told me sorta giving up. "Don't worry Fire Fist, I'll protect her. I'll send her away with the kids back to Dawn island." Eugene reassured Ace. "Thank you." He nodded at Eugene. "Ma'am we're taking him now. You have to leave." The guard told me.

"Can we accompany him on the trip? The ship he'll take will be going to navy HQ am I right?" I asked. Before the guy could answer me a young man approached him and whispered something into his ear pointing at Eugene. "What are you waiting for? RUN!" Ace yelled at Eugene. Just on que the guards rushed towards Eugene. "Oh come on~ seriously guys? I'm a marine ya know!" He tried to talk them out of it backing away slowly.

One of them shot his gun at him barely missing him. "OK! That's a no." Eugene said as he tried to run away but got caught eventually cause they outnumbered him. He flailed around trying to get out of their grip. "What's going on here?!" Garp showed up. I'm guessing the gunshot caught his attention. "Vice admiral Garp, sir!" They all saluted.

"This guy here broke into the prison without a permit." One of the guards explained. "Sir, it was an emergency. I was just trying t-" "Grandpa he came for me. He wanted to warn me." I interrupted Eugene. "Hmmmm." Garp hummed. "If you're the reason that he came here than you both shall be punished! I will personally take you along with Fire Fist on my ship to navy HQ!" He yelled with an angry tone then looked at me and winked.

He was doing this on purpose to trick the guards! "Take them to my ship! NOW!" He barked at them. Instantly they handcuffed us and took us all to the ship. Garp then took off our handcuffs except for Ace's cause he wasn't allowed to have the key for it by orders from the Navy. "What now?" I asked in frustration. "We go back and get you outta there as soon as possible." Eugene said.

"If you're gonna go anywhere you have to head to Dadan. She'll help." Garp suggested. "Definitely." Ace smirked. We got there and were separated. Ace went to his execution while we went to our room to pack. I prepared everything for the trip and made sure the kids had all their needs. We moved our stuff to the first ship that was headed towards Dawn island.

"Ok now everything set. I'll go check my room and be right back." Eugene told me. We had separate rooms on the ship cause mine was occupied by the kids. "Yeah sure." I nodded then he left. "Clash baby, I want you to listen and listen carefully. I want you to understand what I'm about to say and do what you're told ok?" I turned to Clash. "Mummy's gonna go now ok? You take care of Thunder and if you can't Eugene will help you." I told him slowly.

"Mama go bye bye?" He asked confused. "Yes sweetie, but not for long. I'll be back, I promise! Now all you have to do is tell Eugene that 'mama says she's sorry' ok?" I told him and he nodded before hugging me. "Be careful. Don't be late." He told me. I kissed him and left. I sneaked to the port without anyone noticing especially Eugene.

What are you doing?! Black spoke inside my head. "I'm doing what's right to be done." I whispered underneath my breath. You don't even know how to fight! She warned. "That's where I'll be needing you." I told her with a low voice. If someone heard me they'll think I'm crazy. Fine! Whatever. She gave up. I'm sorry Eugene, I just can't watch my husband die and do nothing about it. I'm sorry too Ace, but I won't give up that easily on you...

Heyloooo sorry for not updating in so long but here's an extra long chapter as an apology. I hope you enjoy it. Please don't forget to VOTE!!