therapy

“So Rubia do you remember anything from that night?” My therapist asked with a concerned, weak smile.

“Not really, but I'll try...”

Just then Dr. Brookstone told me to close my eyes, relax, and try to remember what exactly had happened. At first, I thought it would be easy since I was diagnosed with photographic memory at the age of 15...but to my surprise it wasn’t. Ever since the accident my mind was like a blank canvas that was just yearning to be painted. The only thing I could picture was the sheer terror on the captain and civilian's faces.

“Ms. Okari, are you ok? Do you need a glass of water?”
Dr. Brookstone with his sympathetic, tired eyes looked at me, put his gentle hand on my shoulder and whispered “It’s ok, I'm here to help. Besides what are friends for right?” Then I looked up and smiled.

“Actually, a cup of water would be nice.” He smiled back but only for a short while because he heard a very faint knock on the big brown door. “come in!” He yelled.

Just then the door swiftly opened and a lady in a black and white pantsuit with red heels hesitated to walk in “Hi, are you doctor Brooksto- um- am I interrupting something?” She said with one eyebrow arched higher than the other.

“No, not at all.” he replied looking slightly irritated. “Might I ask, who are you?”

“Oh, I'm Tracy Wilson...the new D.A. here at Gilmore Medical.”

then Tracy looked at me, then at Dillon.
‘huh...” she sighed as if we were a lost couple in marriage counseling. After that she put more files on the nearby desk and walked off. The sound of her heels clicking and clacking on the white tile floor was very loud and slightly disruptive.

“As I was saying, oh right, here’s your cup of water.”

“Thank you.” I replied gladly taking the paper cup from his hand.

“So, as I was saying earlier, do you remember anything from that night after you discovered the path?” he asked is his silvery monotone voice. Almost like he was deliberately disappointed.

“Um...yes actually. It was maybe about 8:30pm and while I was walking along the trail, I noticed three brightly lit ship light’s, so I continued to follow them. As I got closer to the port itself, I could hear the blood curdling screams of the passengers each plunging into the water like penguins.”

“Interesting...please continue.”
“o-ok then, hmm let’s see...oh right! I also reached to grab my phone, but I realized I must've left it in my purse since it wasn’t in my jacket pocket’s.” I explained while my eyes darted across the room.

“Is something wrong Ms. Okari?”

“No!” I exclaimed, not noticing he was eyeing may every move like a hawk on the hunt for his prey.
Fleetingly he replied by looking at the clock, signaling me that it was time to go. At that point I got up from the soft cushioned seat, grabbed my purse and followed him out the door then into the hall. He slowly turned to me and whispered,

“stay safe, and be warry of the things around you.”
Just those words alone were enough to make my face to turn into a sour, unsettling feeling. Rapidly I thought to myself,

“why is he telling me this, we’ve been close friends for years and that its very odd for him to just turn cold and emotionless like that.”

Then I stopped walking and faced him. “why would you tell me this now?” Softly he pulled me into a corner of the hallway in-order to be unseen as much as possible and replied with “because it’s my duty as your friend, to worry about your safety.”

“But worrying can kill you” unexpectedly he leans in closer, puts his gentle hand on my cheek and continues to whisper, “I know, but I'll die peacefully knowing you’re safe.” 

After he said those words, I felt my face flushing of course being my ‘friend’ he chuckled softly and walked me out of the hallway. Once I was out of the door frame, I continued to walk past the front desk, signed out, and then smiled while waving at him sweetly. I pace fully walked myself to my car and pull out of the drive threw and drive off. One thing was for sure I couldn’t help myself when it came to thinking about Dillon or that dreaded accident.

*hope you like it so far*