Chapter 21

A/N: Can you believe it? We're more than halfway through the book now! 20 more chapters to go! Also, fun fact, at this point in Addertooth's story, Hawkstar and Acornfall were already kicked out of ShadowClan. That was nearing Addertooth's Story's ending, but this chapter is only a little bit over halfway through the book. Plus, Sagepaw isn't even a full medicine cat yet! At this point in Addertooth's Story, Addertooth was already a father! Interesting, huh? Now, let's get on with the new chapter.

Sagepaw pads into the medicine cat den, approaching her mentor, Cloudheart.

"Is there anything you need me to do right now?" Sagepaw asks.

"Actually, yes." Cloudheart replies. "I found a nice patch of borage near the RiverClan border. Can you go grab a bit for me?" She asks her apprentice.

"Of course." Sagepaw replies, exciting the medicine cat den. She then begins to exit ShadowClan's camp alone, walking towards the RiverClan border. She begins to dread doing this after only a little while.

Well, at least it's not near SkyClan's territory. Sagepaw thinks, a shiver running down her spine.

Soon, after quite a bit of walking, Sagepaw finally reaches the RiverClan border. Right there, she spots it. A beautiful patch of borage sits right next to the thunderpath, its blue flowers sticking out of the snow.

It's amazing that this is still alive in this cold. It must be a miracle from StarClan. Sagepaw thinks.

"Hello." Sagepaw then hears an unfamiliar voice meows. The silver tabby looks around frantically, trying to figure out where the voice came from.

"I'm right here, silly." The cat meows with a purr of amusement. Then, she looks directly at him. There stands a handsome dark brown tom. Sagepaw can't help but feel a little shy and nervous.

"H-Hi." Sagepaw replies shyly, looking away yet again.

"Who are you and what are you doing here alone?" The dark brown tom asks her.

"No, w-what are you doing here alone?" Sagepaw replies.

"I was just taking a stroll. I just walked out of camp, decided to visit the thunderpath, saw a stunning ShadowClan she-cat, and so I decided to approach her." The dark brown tom replies, who has a strong RiverClan scent.

"That's n-nice." Sagepaw replies nervously.

"Hey, no need to be nervous. I won't bite you, maybe." The tom meows with a purr of amusement after the ''maybe.' "I'm just kidding. I seriously won't bite you." He meows. "How about you? Who are you and why are you here?" He asks.

"I'm S-Sagepaw. I'm ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice." Sagepaw replies.

"Oh, that's neat." The dark brown tom replies. "I'm an apprentice too!" He meows happily. "My littermate is a medicine cat apprentice too. You may know her. Her name is Rainpaw." He meows.

"Yeah, I saw her at the moonpool the past half-moon." Sagepaw replies. "Now, what your name?" She asks the apprentice.

"My name is Stonepaw. Primrosefrost is my mentor." The dark brown tom replies.

"I-It's very nice to meet you Stonepaw." Sagepaw meows.

"It's nice to meet you too, Sagepaw!" Stonepaw replies. "Let's be friends." He suggests.

This is sudden. Sagepaw thinks.

"O-Okay." Sagepaw replies, finally making eye contact with the tom again, looking into his yellow eyes.

"Yay!" Stonepaw meows happily. "I don't really have many friends other than Rainpaw since we're the only apprentices, so it's nice to have another friend around my age." He meows. Sagepaw nods in response.

"So, let's learn a little bit more about each other." Stonepaw meows.

I'm quite interested to learn more about Stonepaw. He catches my attention. Sagepaw thinks.

"Okay." Sagepaw replies. "You go first." She meows.

"My mother is named Doestep and my father is Cloverstar, the clan leader! I hope to become a warrior really soon. My favorite fresh-kill is fish. What else do you expect from a RiverClan cat? As you already know, my mentor is Primrosefrost and my littermate is Rainpaw. I love to swim. Now, how about you?" Stonepaw meows.

"My mother is named Graycloud and my father was named Tigerstripe. I used to be a warrior apprentice, but now I'm training hard to become a medicine cat. My favorite fresh-kill is probably squirrel. My mentor is Cloudheart and I have a littermate named Bearclaw and an adoptive littermate named Mistystorm." Sagepaw replies.

"Wow, you seem really interesting." Stonepaw replies.

"So do you." Sagepaw replies.

"Has any cat ever told you that you're really pretty?" Stonepaw asks.

"Yeah, a lot of times, actually, but I don't really believe it." Sagepaw replies, feeling a wave of nervousness again.

"It's true, Sagepaw. Your silver fur and icy blue eyes fit each other so well. When I first saw you, I wondered if you were a SkyClan cat." Stonepaw admits.

"Well, thank you for the compliment, I guess." Sagepaw replies, starting to purr a little thanks to the sweet words her new friend said to her.

"I should probably go now. My clan might be wondering where I am." Stonepaw meows. "Want to meet here again the night before the next half moon?" He asks the silver tabby.

"Yes, I'd love to." Sagepaw replies.

"Great! See you then!" Stonepaw meows happily. Then, the dark brown tom walks away. Sagepaw grabs the borage in her jaws and pads back to camp. When she got back, she gave Cloudheart the borage.

"Thank you, Sagepaw. What took you so long?" Cloudheart asks.

"I had a hard time finding it." Sagepaw lies.

"Oh, okay. Let's do a little bit of training." Cloudheart meows.