04

❀

"hello?"

a sniff can be heard from my phone, some whimpers let out. i tightly gripped into my phone, worries taking over me.

"hello? fudo? what happened?" i asked, walking back and fourth. why is he crying? what is happening?

he let out a sniff, "c-can i come to your h-house?" he asked, mumbling every words with some whimpers.

i bit my lip, softening my voice. "yes, yes of course." i answered.

he kept silent, making me more worried. i tapped on my phone, "hello? hello? are you okay?"

"y-yes, thank you."

with that, he hung up the call. i looked outside the window, waiting for him to arrive.

damn it, i should have passed my driving license. or else he wouldn't have to drive that far just to get to my house.

i went to the kitchen and started making a hot chocolate for him to drink later.

i saw a black car approaching my house, parking in front of the gate. i quickly unlocked the door and ran out of my house to meet him.

"fudo? fudo-ssi? are you okay? do you want me to hold you?" i asked him variety of questions, leaving him speechless. instead of answering, he hugged me.

i was speechless, but i knew what to do. i hugged him back, rubbing his back in circles to let him know that he is going to be okay.

i took out my napkin and gently rub his eyes, clearing the tears.

"there, there, you big baby. come in, tell me what happened." i hold his hand, bringing him inside of my house.

i ran to my room to take my blanket and ran back to him. i helped him sit on the couch and put the blanket on him.

i gave him the hot chocolate, he took it and sipped on it. i let him do his things and wait for him to tell me the story when he's ready.

he slowly put the cup on the coffee table, rubbing his eyes with his bare hands.

"are you ready?" i asked, making sure he is comfortable. he nodded his head in response.

he told me about his friends criticizing him because he auditioned to be a singer, they told him that only girls wanted to be a singer and he is homosexual for doing that.

but instead of telling them to stop saying that, he just laughed. he doesn't want to lose friends over a joke.

they forces him to give up on his dreams, telling him that it's childish and real men don't go audition as a singer.

he is really sensitive, and he got hurt easily. but he wants to stay loyal to his friends, he doesn't want to lose them.

but in reality, friendships have downgrades too. it will shatter, piece by piece, waiting for at least one of them to come and glue them back together.

all he wanted was a friend, because he is lonely at his home. his parents barely talk to him because of how busy they are. and they constantly give him money, so he can manage on his own. which is something fudo doesn't like, he wants love from both his parents. not money, money can't buy love.

he told me that he is glad meeting me, if we didn't or never meet, he will live in constant darkness. letting people criticizes him, and make fun of him.

i hugged him.

he placed his head on the crook of my neck, hugging me tightly as he let his tears pours out.

i was silent.

sometimes, the best way to do when your friend is down is silence.