Chapter 8: Here comes the Calvary!

Atlanta was in middle of a snow war relying a battle plan.

"Alright does everyone know the plan? Phil should be here with the Calvary any moment now, and when the Calvary does come that's when we attach."

"Um...Lady Atlanta what exactly do you mean by Calvary?" One of the dryads spoke she had ice blue eyes, pale skin, and wore a frosted leaf made dress with white hair. Her name was Snowdrop.

"Oh I don't know what it will be exactly Snowdrop, but according to Phil it is something that Solaris won't ever expect..." She paused in worry, "He did seem rather pleased at the idea though...the look he gave worries me."

The yetis and dryads of Airis's team all looked at one another. Their eyes widened they had a guess as to what Phil would be bringing to the fight and they all gulped in dread. The dryad named Holly that had informed Airis of the avalanche before Endor and Airis were married was the one who spoke for the rest of the team.

"Um...we think we know what it will be, and Atlanta, you might want to move."

Solaris was waiting for Airis's side to attach it was quite to quite...no one was throwing snowballs not even Phil which was very unlike that snowball crazy yeti. Actually he couldn't feel Phil's body heat anywhere, which was strange. Airis's team was all piled along the edges of the forts...something wasn't right here? Why were they not attaching.

Suddenly the sound of a roaring thunderstorm echoed from the far tree line on Airis's side of the field. Solaris stood on top of the tallest snow drift his eyes widened when Airis's snow forts were suddenly destroyed by a herd of stampeding Yaks and Phil was riding the leader, his pet Yak named Bull while laughing like a maniac. Solaris screamed.

"IT'S A STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile...

"Endor I don't hear anyone..."

Airis was leaning up against her husband as he held her in his arms, he was kissing her neck and stopped when she spoke. Suddenly they heard the sound of thunder, it felt like there was an earthquake beneath their bodies. They heard the sounds of screaming dryads and yeti's and Solaris shouting.

"IT'S A STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Endor's eyes widened in horror, the Calvary had arrived. He stood up and quickly pulled Airis out of the way just as a herd of Himalayan Mountain Yaks charged by them right where they were once sitting and Phil was riding Bull and laughing like a maniac.

Endor's eyes were wide, he was breathing heavy as he held his beloved wife in his arms as he leaned against the back of a tree.
"Es he tryin' to kill someone?"

Airis laughed when Endor spoke. She whistled and the Yaks stopped dead in their tracks. She and Endor walked out onto the field to see Endor's team was running around in a panic from the Yak attach only to get hit by snowballs from Airis's charging team who were right behind the stampede.

Solaris had jumped from the tops of each snowdrift in an attempt to evade the rampaging Yaks and was hanging upside down from a tree branch screaming.
"THAT YETI'S INSANE!!!!!!"

Endor stared at the scene in shock when he heard Airis laugh.

"Looks like we won dear..."

Airis's team came to her aid as Atlanta spoke only to stop and smile when she saw Airis in Endor's arms as she was smiling at them with pride.

"Airis we came to-----!"

Endor interrupted her. "Rescue will not be necessary Atlanta she es far from needin' to be rescued after all she's mah prisoner."

Airis blushed a bright red at his remark and quickly changed the subject when the Dryads on her team all giggled. "Alright let's help the losers out of the snow shall we. Then I suggest we all go to Shangri La for some hot coco my treat."

Endor walked over to the tree where Solaris was hanging from for dear life and said.
"Solaris need help gettin' down my friend?"

"I'M NOT MOVING UNTIL THAT YAK HERD IS AS FAR AWAY FROM HERE AS POSSIBLE ENDOR!"

Phil walked over and smirked up at Solaris and snickered.
"YOU ARE INSANE PHIL INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Now ya know how I feel...Phil sent so many Yak herds chargin' after me that I
know where to dodge to in time without gettin' trampled by rampagin' hooves."

He smirked at Phil who rolled his yellow yeti eyes in annoyance. Solaris jumped off of the branch his whole body was shacking. He could still feel the earth vibrating beneath his feet from the Yak herd.

"I think...I'm going to go to the Sahara desert after this...I need to go somewhere without crazy Yetis and stampeding Yaks!"

Endor laughed a deep laugh and said, "Solaris before ya head off to the land of endless heat care to join me for some hot coco with Airis and Atlanta don' worry I promise there will be no crazy Yetis or stampedin' Yaks..."

"I guess I could live with that so long as that hairy Yeti keeps his word."

"He will. Airis has a strict rule about no Yaks in tae Ice Palace. So ye have nothin' to fear..."

Back in the Ice Place Atlanta was asking Airis what the baby's name would be. "So you two choose a name yet?"

"We chose Eladimier..."

Solaris smirked as he took a sip of his coco. "Endor told me about how you plan to have nineteen children am I right Airis?"

Airis glared halfheartedly at her husband who nearly chocked on his coco when Solaris said that while Phil spat his into the fireplace dosing the fire and glared at Endor in shock who then spoke with a cough.

"I never said that ya eavesdropper! I knew I felt a warm invisible presence that day in tae yak pen you molten sunspot!"

Solaris busted out laughing as did Endor, while Airis and Atlanta smiled and laughed along with them when Airis spoke with a smile.

"And besides whether it be nineteen or just two I could care less how many we have. I know I will love each and every one of my children equally."