His Story

His eyes opened and he looked up to see the roof of Simon's bedroom. He didn't have an expression on his face, he just looked very pale and stone faced. He lifted his body up and looked to his side. Simon was sitting there, he looked puzzled and quiet.

"Are you okay?" He asked Aaron.

"Do...do you hate me?" Aaron asked.

"Huh?"

"Do you think I'm annoying or disgusting? Do you think I'm nothing but a nuisance to you? Am I unattractive and heartless to you? Do you think...do you think I'm nothing but a useless piece of shit?"

"Why would I...?" Simon paused and looked at the seriousness in Aaron's eyes. "No, I don't. You're not annoying or disgusting—you're none of those. You're special to me and I care about you so why in the world would I think of you in that way?" He cupped his cheeks and connected their foreheads. "I love you to pieces Aaron...I would never...oh god." He sighed heavily and pulled back, running hand through his hair. "Just...just forget that, what I meant was—"

Aaron brought his hand to Simons face and cupped his left cheek, caressing it a couple of times before leaning in and connecting their lips. He was shocked at first, he definitely was not expecting such an action from Aaron but nonetheless, he placed his hand behind Aaron's neck and tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

They pulled away and gave each other comforting smiles, just quietly admiring one another for what seemed like a forever.

"Are you okay?" Simon repeated the question he had asked when Aaron woke up.

"Now I am." He placed his hands in between his legs and grinned. Although it was dark, you can still tell how rosy his cheeks were.

"That's good." Simon returned the grin. He opened his lips to say something but closed them again, deciding to leave his question for another day. "Will you be able to sleep? It's only 2 a.m." He asked while looking over at the digital clock on the nightstand.

"Mhm." He nodded. "But bathroom first." He giggled a bit.

"Wanna go together?"

"Can you?"

Simon smiled and took ahold of Aaron's hand, helping him off the bed and into the bathroom a few steps away.

The next morning, Aaron woke up to find the person who had been sleeping next to him long gone. He immediately made his way downstairs and found Simon in the kitchen while making breakfast.

Simon turned around upon hearing the boy's footsteps. "Good morning." He greeted flashing a smile and turning back to the stove.

Aaron walked behind him, giving him a back hug. "Morning." He said, his tone showing that he was still tired.

"So...you still want marshmallow with ice cream and peanut butter, Nutella and cheesecake with French fries and donut cakes?" Simon asked cheerly.

Aaron's eyes widened. "First of all, how do you remember all that and second...that wasn't a dream?!" He gave him a shocked look, he seriously thought he was hallucinating at that time.

Simon chuckled. "Guess I'll just continue making egg rolls then." He said, ignoring the boy's question.

After breakfast, Simon got ready for work and left the house, leaving Aaron alone with Alan after setting a set of rules for the guy.

Alan lounged around on the sofa while Aaron ran around the house with Casper, playing with the laser pointer that Simon had bought when they last visited the mall.

"Hey you!" Aaron came to a quick stop when he heard Alan call out to him.

"Huh?" He gave him a questioning look.