Prologue

I woke up, my eyes crusty with sleep.  After blinking a few times, I was able to pry my eyes open.  I stared around the room; everything looked the same.  This was my bedroom and nothing was out of place; nothing was different.  But felt different.  I just wasn't sure why.  I shook the feeling and rolled out of bed.  Stretching and yawning, I wandered out to the kitchen for breakfast and was stopped in my tracks.  There appeared to be a large mess on my living room floor.  Unusual, as I am a very neat and organized person.  I walked over to inspect the mess, but when I bent over blackness filled my sight.  Dizzy...I was so very dizzy.  I fell to the floor and sprawled out in an attempt to regain some composure.  A minute, maybe two, passed but it felt like hours.  The world continued to swirl around me and I was beginning to feel nauseous.  I rolled onto my side to ease my nausea and opened my eyes to the "mystery mess".  A photo album, letters, stuffed animals, jewelry, a jewelry box, and an empty pill bottle...  What happened?  None of this made any sense.  I picked up the photo album and cracked it open.  That's when I came face to face with...him.  It quickly came flooding back...