Captain America the First Avenger

I don't know where to start anymore. My life has been tough. My tough short life. I never really had a chance to complain before now, so why not just start.

When I was around 5 years old my dad died. He had overdosed at a nearby bar. He got drunk every night and always came back picking a fight. Usually, I was the fight that he picked. I have got scars all over to prove it. Of course, I don't let anyone see them. You see my dad was smart, he knew if others could see the scars that he would get into big trouble, so he only hurt my back, chest, stomach, shoulders, biceps, legs and feet. Everywhere else was too visible, and I was happy about that. My friend Josh, his dad was not so smart and was put in jail. Josh had to drop out of school and work.

My mom died when I was 13. She was a nurse at a local hospital and caught influenza from a patient and died. She also got drunk after dad died and also picked fights, but not such terrible ones.

I was sent to an orphanage for teenagers, but I did not last long. I was a small kid, and small kids+orphanage full of teenage boys=small kid hurt. They had t relocate me many times so I could find a place where I could be safe.

After 6 movies in 2 weeks, they just dropped me off in the streets. It was wartime, so it was already hard to find food as it was in houses, but on the streets, it was nearly impossible. Luckily I was such a small kid I did not need much food.

I started to try to get in the war to fight but I had too many health problems to be allowed, I also had to lie about my age. My best friend, Bucky was allowed to fight because of how strong he was. Also he was 17 years old, so he had nor problem getting into the war.

Finally when I was 14, Dr. Abraham Erskine asked me if I wanted to join the army and so I said yes. I was able to get into the army and help my country.

When I reached the camp I realized that at the camp Dr. Abraham Erskine was the only person who thought I could last the training. Other than Agent Carter as well. Everyone else thought I was going to die during training. Everyone was older than me. I still lied to Dr. Abraham Erskine about my age so I cold get into the army.

The other boys knocked me around a lot, made me even more sore than I was from training. By the time Colonel Chester Phillips screamed grenade, I thought 'what the fuck, I won't last much longer anyway' and hurled myself at the grenade to try and keep the explosion closer to the exploding object itself.

Only after I realized that it was a test that determined who was going to be the guinea pig for the Super Solider project.

That night I talked to Dr. Erskine about what I was about to do and what was going to happen. The plan was for me to be introduced to the front line after the experiment and show the enemy who was in charge. Of course, he asked me to stay the same person I was now. He told me that Johann Schmidt was his first try with this experiment, and everyone knows how that went. How he controlled the group called HYDRA and was planning something for getting rid of the entire American armies. He left after a drink that I could not partake in.

The next morning was very stressful. I was stuck in a car with Agent Carter for an hour. I know she is a lot older than I was, but she is just so beautiful.

We talked for a long time, then we reached our destination. Agent Carter gave the secret code, and we went through the secret door in the back.

We entered a secret facility and went down the stairs to the lab where I was going to be transformed. Howard Stark was prepping the machines and making sure that it could be safe as safe could be.

They had me take off my shirt and hat and lie down on a cold metal bed. They gave me a shot of something after explaining what they were about to do. Goose bumps ran up and down my skin as I waited for them to actually inject me the super serum.