Twelve.

It's been a week since I last spoke to Ray. After he seen the hickey on my neck he stormed out of my apartment. But, that night when I was settled in bed he sent me a text message apologizing for calling me out of my name. He then stated that he thinks we should see other people. I felt like an asshole for cheating on Ray. He was such a sweet guy and I truly did enjoy his company.

However, I couldn't bring myself to tell him the truth about that night. I held onto the lie about it being a burn mark. I even tried to make him feel guilty by telling him that he was insisting that I was sleeping with Braden because he had trust issues. I told him that I agreed that we should see other people because he had really hurt me. But I was open to being friends.

He never responded after that. I was really embarrassed to be honest because I never cheated before. And to make matters worse I got caught. My neck was really bad and even I couldn't persuade myself into thinking it was from the hair curler.

I couldn't dwell on Ray though, it wasn't healthy. I had bigger things to focus on. One being my orientation for beauty school. I went over the syllabus and today we didn't have to bring anything but something to take notes on, and money to buy our kits.

I threw on a black stretchy jumpsuit that I hid under neath a knitted cardigan. It was mid October and it was starting to get chilly. I arrived to class early because I didn't want to end up late after everything Kim told me. I did manage to work my ass off so I could afford everything I needed for school.

I have to admit, apply and getting admitted felt good and all but nothing felt better than actually attending school. For once I felt like I was going somewhere in life and that I was making something out of myself. Even if it was just orientation.

"Hey beautiful." Braden greeted me. He came to pick me up after orientation was complete.

"Hi,"I couldn't help but to smile as I went up and hugged him.

Braden and I were seeing each other again. That one night wasn't enough for us. He was part of the reason why I accepted what had happened with Ray. He made it easier for me to forget about him and move forward.

"How was it?" He asked as we got into his car.

"It was long but I think I'll like it. For once I feel like I'm doing something good." I told him.

"That's good. I made reservations for us. I figured you'd be hungry." He said.

"Reservations where?" I asked. I didn't care that he made plans because rocky gave me the day off today. To be honest I needed the day off. I haven't been feeling like myself lately. I've been feeling really weak and exhausted. Perhaps I've been over working my body.

"Ocean prime. I wanted to take you there for your birthday but you chose your boyfriend over me." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "I told you he wasn't my boyfriend anymore. We broke up."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I got caught up dealing with you."I told him.

He looked over and gave me this cheesy ass smile. "So we back together?" He asked.

"Yeah." I told him. It felt good saying that. I missed him and I also want to be with him.

"Good.  Because I been thinking.... I want you to move back in with me." He said.

"Braden I don't know. I like my apartment." I confessed.

"If you don't want to it's fine. The house just doesn't feel the same without you in it." He admits.