24. The 'Almost' Question

a/n: And...I'm officially on holidays now guys!!!! so I hope I'd be able to post more often

I'm officially on holidays now guys!!!! so I hope I'd be able to post more often

I hope you enjoy the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

Ryan was waiting for me at the school's parking lot as I came out of the building. I had just finished my last class of the day. We had some lab work today and Mr. Holloway didn't let us leave until we finished the experiment. Considering my assigned partner knew as much chemistry as Dee Dee we'd been at it for hours without even getting the first formula right. I had texted Ryan letting him know I was stuck in the lab until sunset.

Tucking the folder against my chest I started his way. The parking lot was practically empty by this time of the day, the only thing remaining were the leaves and packages of sweets that swirled in the wind.

My heart skipped a beat just by looking at him leaning against his car. He had put on a pair of sunglasses so I couldn't see his eyes, but I could see the smirk on his face.

He knew what he made me feel.

He pushed his glasses up to rest atop his mop of blonde hair as I stopped in front of him. "Hey."

The smile that broke on his face blinded me, "Hey you."

"Thanks for waiting." I said, giving him a look under my eyelashes.

He let out a silent laugh, "You didn't burn the lab. Did you?"

I gave him a playful shove. "You are sooo funny."

He caught my wrist before it could make contact with his shoulder. "Just saying...it would have made my day." Using his hand at my wrist to draw me closer, he circled his other arm around my waist, pulling me into space between his legs. I followed willingly.

"Actually I was ready to catch it on camera if I happened to see flames coming out of the third floor. Just that video alone could make my YouTube channel skyrocket."

Then he used the hand at my waist to gesture as if highlighting each word in the air."Student experiment gone wrong sets high school on fire." He said, "It would have become viral."

I snorted. "You don't have a YouTube channel."

"Yeah well...it would have been a great video to break the seal." He shrugged.

"Who would actually want to see that anyway?"

"Are you kidding? Everybody had a day when they wished school would crush and burn."

"In your dreams." I told him. "That building isn't going anywhere."

He sighed. "A damn shame."

I snuggled closer and buried my face on his chest, taking a whiff of his perfume. It was too tempting not to. His arms squeezed me once and then he let me go.