What The...?

Aika gasped as the elevator door opened, revealing a short hallway. There was a long red carpet laid out on the floor, and the wall at the end was painted like the woods. She heard someone else's footstep beside her.

"What the hell is this place?" A male voice demanded from next to her. Aika turned to see a man of fair features. His hair was black, just draping over his face, with deep brown eyes. His cheekbones were high, and his teeth were a pearly white.

But Aika had seen better.

The guy turned to her. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were even there. Hello."

"Hi," she greeted him. "I'm Aika," she added, starting forward.

"Hideki," he replied, trailing along behind her.

Aika walked slowly down the hallway, and took the sharp turn, when she ultimately froze. There was a bar in front of her, filled with different whiskeys and liquors. But it wasn't that. It was the man behind the bar that made her freeze. He looked so familiar, she was almost sure she had seen him somewhere before. He bowed as they walked closer, his white hair falling slightly over his face.

"Hello, and welcome to QuinnDecim," he greeted them in a rather emotionless tone. "I am your host, Decim. Please, have a seat." He stood up straight and gestured to the bar stools in front of him, before giving them a small smile that may or may not have been genuine.

"Excuse me, but what are we doing here? Why can't I remember anything? Where are we?" Hideki demanded of the man.

"That I may not yet reveal," the white haired man told them. It was then that Aika noticed his eyes. They were a very light blue, but there was something very off about them. But she didn't comment on it. The fact that his eyes were so strange, why he seemed so familiar. "Now, I know this is a strange question, but I am afraid I must ask, do either of you remember anything prior, of your arrival here?"

"No, actually, I don't," Aika said truthfully.

"Yeah, neither do I," Hideki murmured. "Oh, wait, I do remember something. I was at a motel, watching some T.V. But I don't remember anything beyond that."

"Thank you. And what about you?" the so-called Decim asked, turning to Aika.

"No, I don't think..." Aika thought hard. "Actually, I remember a tiny bit. I think I was at home, reading. But that's it."

"Very good. Now, I must request for you to play a game."

"A game?" Hideki asked, an eyebrow raised. "You want us to play a silly little game?"

"Yes. You see, you will remain unable to leave unless you play this game. However, the stakes for this game are very high. Your lives, in fact."

"What?" Aika and Hideki exclaimed in unison, Hideki smashing his hands on the bar, Aika's arms unfolding. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Hideki yelled in Decim's face. Decim didn't reply, he just gave them a calm, steady gaze.

"And what happens if we refuse to play this game of yours?" Aika asked.

"I would sincerely recomend against it. Now, if you'll press this button-" The man placed a large, red button onto the bar in front of them, "-the Ruliet will choose the game." A large...screen, almost, with three by three squares and some green design on it fell down behind Decim. Aika jumped.

Hideki and Aika exchanged glances, both of them asking the silent question, "Should we?" Neither of them had the answer. Perhaps that was why Hideki silently pressed the button. Suddenly, the squares all started to glow, going from one to another, before it finally stopped, the square in the lower left hand corner glowing. The square flipped, to reveal the words, 'Pool.'

A rather loud noise made both of the two jump as they turned, just in time to see a yellow cloud just...appear before them, as a pool table appeared in it. Finally, after a few seconds, the dust settled. Aika didn't know what was going on, but she knew for a fact she didn't sign up for this.

Hideki blinked. "What do you think you're doing? This is illegal! You can't keep us trapped here!"

"I am terribly sorry," Decim said in his emotionless tone.

"Like hell you are!"

Aika laid a hand on Hideki's shoulder. "Hey," she whispered quietly, "maybe it's best to go along with this for now. If it means there's a chance of us getting out of this place, then I'm all for it." Hideki bit his lip before letting out an explosive breath. "Alright," he agreed.

He and Aika slowly advanced toward the game, both stopping as they looked at the balls on the table. The weren't at all natural. They had...drawings of body parts on them. One was a brain, another the heart, a different one the lungs.

"As you may have noticed," Decim said calmly, walking towards them like this was something he did every day, "the pool balls are a bit different, and so is the game. The balls are in-scripted with different body parts. Hideki has the red, Aika has the blue."

"Wait, how did you know our names?" Aika asked. Decim ignored her.

"The rules are more or less the same, however there are a few that are different. For instance, if you score with the other persons ball, whatever body part that is on it shall begin to hurt. But other than that, the rules are the same, But remember, your lives are at stake. Now, let the game begin."