Convergence

I pinned him up against the wall, pointing a finger harshly in the center of his chest. I looked up at him.
"Why?" It came out angrier than i meant it to, but i didn't show it. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what im talking about. Why are you with Georgia?" My voice rose to a shout. I couldn't help it, I was just so mad.

"What do you mean? I love her." His voice wavered slightly.

"What do you mean you love her! She made fun of us in high school." Tears started to roll down my cheeks.
"Can't you see she's just using you?" My voice rose to a scream. Even though my eyes were glued to him I could feel everyone staring at us. I could feel their glares burning into my back.

Noah's face suddenly turned red. He looked to the side, avoiding my eyes.

"I'm doing this for you." I wiped the tears off my face and forced a laugh.

"Really? Your doing this for me? Georgia has only made me hate myself. She has made me feel worthless. She has taken everything from me. She even got the guy i've loved since the 6th grade."

My hands flew straight to my mouth. Now not only does he know, everyone in school knows. I can't believe I just said that.

Noah didn't know i liked him. How could he? I hid it from him since I realized I had feelings for him. I could feel my face turning red.
I was about to run from embarrassment but before i knew that Georgia was behind me. She lightly tapped my shoulder as though I were a disease. I closed my eyes, hoping that maybe, somehow I could just disappear. She cleared her throat. I opened my eyes and saw Noah, His face is a blank screen. I finally turned to face Georgia. She looks me in the eyes and smirk.

"Oh Lily, you don't look so good. Did you misplace your doughnut? Well, newsflash I think I found it." At that she pointed at my stomach.

"Georgia stop." Noah's voice was strong and sharp.

"What sweetie? I'm just saying that Lily should start worrying about her weight. Any bigger and she put us all in danger of an explosion." Everyone around us started laughing.
I mean i wasn't fat but I wasn't skinny.

"Georgia, that's enough." Noah's voice rose to a yell.

"Don't yell at me! I'm sorry if the truth hurts." At that I turn and start walking away.

I hear Noah say;

"Lily wait!"

I burst into a run. A few seconds later I hear footsteps follow me. I quickly open the door and now I am running outside.

I take a quick look back and see Noah a few yards away. I was about half way down the street when Noah grabbed my shoulder and I stopped running. He bent over and started panting.

"How..do you...run so fast?"

"I run whenever I need to clear my head. Which has been a lot lately. Even if it doesn't look like it."

Noah straightened up and grabbed my wrists. He looked me in my eyes.

"You are not fat. Okay. You are beautiful just the way you are." I blushed.

"Why are you with her?" My voice was hushed.

"What."

"Why are you with her?" I repeated.

He sighed. "We accept the love we think we deserve."

"Stephen Chbosky." He shook his head.

"But what about me?" I asked.

"What about you?"

"What about the love I deserve. Noah... I love you."

He looked at me and cupped my cheeks. The next moment we were kissing.
His lips were soft and smooth and eager. After a long moment we broke apart.

"I love you too."