𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄

Getting to Hope's Peak Academy had always been a dream of yours. I mean, who hadn't dreamed of one day being able to walk the halls of the academy, whether it be the halls of the main course or the reserve course. Just the thought of being scouted for a talent, or even being blessed with enough money to pay the hefty tuition the reserve course got, could make anyone excited.

Of course, very few were blessed with these luxuries.

You were not among those few. The ones who hadn't yet been, or would not be, scouted and the ones who couldn't afford the tuition.

It wasn't that you were talentless. You had hobbies that you were talented in, but not to a level that could get you scouted. The only talent related thing you had that was even close to what could get you in was your memory.

You had a photographic memory, something very few people had, though it wasn't completely unheard of. There had been a handful of former SHSL Memories, but those people had gotten scouted because of school related reasons. Whether it be because they told their teachers, or whether they displayed their memory through different types of contests, they had been scouted by displaying their talent through school.

School and you didn't get along very well. It wasn't like you didn't know or understand the material, it was just that the work load was a little too easy and much too boring. Hence the reason why you never really did homework. You found that you much more enjoyed being on the internet or doing one of your other hobbies. Because of this, you never really had a way to display the fact that, hey, you actually had a talent.

Even though you had this strong desire to get into Hope's Peak, you didn't really know how to go about getting the attention of the academy through a way other than your school. Your days were just spent ignoring responsibilities and day dreaming, without taking any real action.

One of your hobbies happened to be doing art. People sometimes considered it to be a talent of yours, but it was less of a talent and more of an imitation of others. You'd put the art up on websites, mainly Tumblr and Deviantart since you didn't know any others. Your pages kind of grew infamous, becoming known as an art imitator, which wasn't exactly welcome in the online art community.

That's what got Hope's Peak to notice you.

Turns out, bad publicity got you exactly where you wanted. Though they had originally been scouting you as the SHSL Art Imitator, once they found out that your photographic memory was what enabled you to do the imitations, they changed the title to SHSL Memory.

It was a dream come true when you got the letter confirming the fact that you would indeed be in the main course, in the 76th class of Hope's Peak academy, under the title of SHSL Memory.

𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

You had only ever seen pictures of Hope's Peak online, never in person, but oh boy was the school even more spectacular in person. Saying the academy was huge was an understatement. It was much more intimidating, being in front of your dream academy, with it finally hitting you that you would be going here for the next three years. That you had a talent that you could be proud of, since it had already gotten you this far.

There were so many people, and quite a few of them you could tell were first years, because they all did the same thing as you and admired the place. It took you a little longer to pass the gates, since you were too busy taking in the school and the situation you now faced.

Passing through the gates felt like you were stepping into a whole new world. Honestly, nothing really changed, it was just how you felt about the situation. You walked to the doors of the academy, looking around and taking in not just the school, but the students as well.