Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Elise went outside on the porch and looked out in the meadow. Damon shortly came outside and stood by Elise. “I’m sorry I didn’t let you go home.” Damon said quietly and gently.

“That’s okay; I mean it isn’t bad being here, but…well you know.” Elise responds weakly. They went silent for a bit staring out in the distance. Elise made a mini scream of surprise when Damon picked her up bridal style and carried her into the house.

“What are you doing!?” she giggled as he carried her throughout the house. Instead of answering, Damon carried Elise into her room where he dropped her on her bed. Elise giggled breathlessly, and watched Damon as he flashed around the room. “Okay… now what are you doing?”

Soon enough, Damon's stopped moving and stood by Elise's bed. Elise looked around the room, trying to find what he did. “Damon… what did you do?”

“Nothing, I'll be right back,” he said, and then flashed out. Elise huffed and went to her dresser, getting out some warmer clothes- it was getting colder. No sooner had she gotten the new clothes on did Damon barge into her room.

“What did you do this time?” Elise asked him curiously.

“Nothing…” he said half-heartedly, looking around.

“Damon.”

“Well, I've just been a little paranoid since Stefan got in. I mean, he's been here before- but now you're here too,”

“Come on Damon it is Stefan we are talking about, what is he going to do.” Elise half whines.

“You don’t know him like I do.” Damon says sternly.

“You still didn’t tell me what you were doing.” Elise points out trying not to get Damon upset.

“Stuff.” Damon replies not wanting to tell her what he was actually doing.

“Okay then if you won’t give me a straight answer for that question then will you give me a straight answer for this question?” Elise says.

“Depends what the question is.” Damon says.

Elise sighs. “Why did you bring me into my bedroom?” Elise asks hoping for a straight answer.

“To make sure you are safe.” Damon says “unless you want to go to my bedroom.” Damon winks at her.

Elsie wrinkled her nose. “No,” then she sighed. “What time is it?”

“Look at your clock..?” Damon said in a ‘duh’ tone of voice.

Instead of snapping something back, she pointed at the clock. Damon looked, and saw that it was out, but still plugged into the wall. “What the-“ he flashed to the wall and flickered the light switch, nothing happened.