Prologue

Hi guys! If you weren't in the gathering that was at december 11, you can read what happened. I'm sorry if this is a bit too hard to understand. ^^

Moonwhisker whisked into the trees where Fourtrees stood. She admired the sweet scent of trees and fresh air. RiverClan's medicine cat, Reedleaf, padded into the clearing. Moonwhisker scented the air. She tipped her head towards Reedleaf. "Greetings, Reedleaf," the WindClan medicine cat mewed.

Reedleaf bowed her head. "Hello there, Moonwhisker," she greeted the white she-cat. "Is everything fine with WindClan?"

Moonwhisker flicked her tail uneasily. "Yes." she lied.

Reedleaf saw that the she-cat wasn't telling the truth. Instead of pushing her, she turned to the great rock.

"Are all the clans up there?" Moonwhisker sniffed the air. She sighed.

Reedleaf recognized Stormblossom, the medicine cat of ThunderClan, Darksplash, the mediator of ShadowClan, and Stoneteller - but where was SkyClan?

There was a sounds of panting cats, and new scents filled the air. Reedleaf rose to her paws. "They're coming!" She mewed. But there was fear scents in the air. She shivered. Something was wrong.

Moonwhisker padded up to Reedleaf. "What is it?" she questioned the gray she-cat. "Who's coming?" She sensed the air again. "I don't smell-"

"SkyClan!" Reedleaf interrupted.

A tabby tom burset into the clearing. Reedleaf recognized Spiderstar. "You gotta help us!" The leader of SkyClan wailed. "A pack of foxes are attacking my Clanmates!"

Moonwhisker's ears twitched. "What?!" she mewed in shock. She sensed blood and many wounds on the cat.

Reedleaf padded to Spiderstar. "I'll treat his wounds," she decided. "Moonwhisker, you'll go and see if there are other cats who are wounded."

"Alright," Moonwhisker mewed. She started padding out of the clearing, but there was no need for that. Other cats rushed to the clearing - all of them were wounded. But after them, Duskfeather, the deputy, padded slowly into the clearing, carrying something black and white in her jaws. With horror, Reedleaf recognized Bumbleflight. Moonwhisker headed to Bumbleflight. "Bumbleflight!" Moonwhisker wailed, surprised. "What happened?!"

Duskfeather lifted her head. "He is-he's dead," she murmured.

Moonwhisker gasped.

Reedleaf bowed her head.

Beestar, the leader of ThunderClan, lifted her head. "really, Spiderstar, are your warriors so weak so the medicine cat had to fight? Where are that foxes now? Probably got with only a tiny scratch, huh?"

"Beestar, no need to do that." Moonwhisker growled. "They did what they could. We need to order patrols out, if you ask me."

Beestar's ear twitched from the thought that a blind medicine cat will tell her what to do.

Spiderstar bristled. A cloud covered the top of the moon.

"Starclan is disappointed." Moonwhisker's meow rose from the clearing. "Leaders like you two should know better!" she spat. She bit back hoping neither of them would mention her blindness

"What would have you done, Bee-eye?" Spiderstar spat.

Reedleaf narrowed her eyes.

Moonwhisker snarled.

Reedleaf heard enough. "Stop!" She wailed. "Can't you see that StarClan is angry?" She took a big breath.

"Are you cats going to just quarrel all day?!" Moonwhisker added.

"we need to find who is going to be TreeClan's medicine cat now - Bumbleflight had no apprentice." Reedleaf finished. Stormblossom nodded in agreement.

Moonwhisker inhaled. "We need to find one quick." She nudged her friend Reedleaf and whispered in her ear, "Thank starclan they stopped fighting."

Snakestar, WindClan 's leader, flicked his tail. "You're right, Moonwhisker," he admitted. "Gathering is not a place for arguing."

Moonwhisker nodded a thanks to her leader.

The rest of the gathering went well, but one question was still open - who is going to be SkyClan's medicine cat? And more important - how will they survive without a medicine cat?

Moonwhisker breathed deep.

Reedleaf leaped to her paws. "Goodbye, Moonwhisker," she mewed.

"Goodbye," she tipped her head.