The Christian Guardians and the Christmas Play

So far, it seemed like things were going well for Creech and the other Christian Guardians. She and Tom married 3 months after the Corn Fest and they all moved to an old but fancy house which they got all cleaned and properly fixed within weeks. The house itself was in a small but lively town called Stewartville. It wasn't really far from Propwash Junction, so the Propwash gang visited sometimes. Junior had been homeschooled by his mom and dad, who had died in a bank robbery when he was 2 years old, so Creech arranged for him to attend public school in Stewartville Elementary. His parents had helped him with most of what he learned at home, so he was easily able to ace them. But since he was in third grade, he also had to learn stuff like Social Studies, Science, and even American History. At first, he struggled, but with some help from Bob, Larry, and a young girl named Laura, whom he later befriended, he soon got caught up on them. He was a fast learner. Everyone else got pretty good-paying jobs to give them something to do during the day and in the afternoons usually hung out with each other while walking along the street or hanging out in the local park.

    At that time, they even befriended the Equestria Girls: Twilight Sparkle, a very smart student who had purple hair with a stripe of pink pulled up into a ponytail; Sunset Shimmer, a former bully who had fiery red and yellow hair; Starlight Glimmer, a very sympathetic person who had dark purple and light teal-blue hair with a knit hat on top; Trixie Lunamoon, a student who meant well but always tricked people just for fun who had white hair clipped with a star-shaped barrette; Rainbow Dash, who was the captain of every single school team who had rainbow-streaked hair; Flutershy, who worked at the local animal shelter and had bright pink hair clipped with a butterfly barrette; Pinkie Pie, who was excited about everything and had dark, snarly pink hair (which looked more like fusia) held back with a blue headband that had a bow on the side a little; Applejack, a local, hard-working farm girl who always had light-blond hair in a ponytail and a cowboy-styled hat; and Rarity, a fashion designer with dark, curly purple hair clipped back in a diamond-styled barrette. They even befriended Twilight's pet, a light purple-colored dog named Spike. They spent everyday after work together just chatting and talking about their work schedules. For them, nothing than this was better.
..................................................................................
    One cold November morning, it was after Thanksgiving break. Robyn attended Stewartville Elementary like the other kids, but today she had to stay home due to a bad stomach bug. Creech always helped out around the house, and sometimes was asked to help out with her part-time job at a local bakery. On this occasion, she happened to be in her room, writing in her notebook. She always loved writing stories, especially around Christmastime. It would always give her a lot of ideas. Stewartville Elementary would always hold a Christmas play before school was officially out for the Christmas holidays, and sometimes some of Creech's stories would be selected for them to use. But this year was going to be exciting. All the schools in Minnesota had arranged to do a friendly competition on who's Christmas play was the best, and Stewartville Elementary was all a part of it. Creech hoped that her story would help Stewartville win first place, which had the prize money of $50,000 dollars. It was the story of a business man who was reunited with his son after years of bitterness. Creech wanted Stewartville Elementary to win because lately it was having some problems like electricity and plumbing problems. Heck, even the heater sometimes stopped working on those days. Creech hoped that the problem could be fixed soon.

    After a while of writing (which she'd been doing since after Thanksgiving), she decided to check on Robyn, who was laying in bed, looking miserable. A thermoniter was in her mouth to check her temperature, and wadded-up tissues lay in a plastic bag nearby, her nose all red and stuffy. "Resting okay, sweetheart?" Creech asked gently as she gave Robyn her medicine.